PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
- Shape the implementation Strategy for the image of Dior Merchandising in the UK & Ireland through all in store visual merchandising activities according to company/corporate guidelines and marketing plans.
- Delivering across a diversified retailer framework, a consistent and customer specific approach for the brand, to maximise brand expression, but also ROI and commercial opportunity.
This is a key position in the leadership team and reports directly to the General Manager of Parfums Christian Dior UK & Ireland.
- Ensure that all VM projects for the UK & Ireland are planned and executed with excellence and as best in class, in a high profile market for the brand globally
- Be the voice for Dior merchandising with the international teams (based in Paris), working in a collaborative spirit and with the interest of Dior UK at heart, as well as respecting brand DNA at all times
- Full Budget and control for the Visual Merchandising team
- Work alongside the Marketing Director to forecast the activation calendar in line with the brief of each retailer
- Define, monitor and deliver the budget for the year, including CAPEX, ensuring strong communication of risks & opportunities - remaining in control at all times
- Work with the Head of Retail Design to ensure the concept and implementation of new counter builds or refurbishments are accurate and in line with brand guidelines
- Bring a strongly collaborative approach to support and drive on all projects through initial brief from the key internal customers - e.g. marketing, sales team, to all relevant areas of distribution
- Guarantee accurate, qualitative brand image through all new store openings in UK and Ireland according to company and corporate guidelines.
- Challenge and negotiate where necessary the terms and conditions to ensure brand image is not compromised
- Liaise with central Merchandising in Paris, the store and the suppliers to meet project deadlines and brand expectations
- Work with local suppliers ahead of installations to ensure accurate application of designs, technical specifications and highest possible quality production.
- Work with the Merchandising and Marketing teams on the development of the Dior image through promotional / event sites in Department Stores
Lead, coach and motivate the team to deliver exceptional results.
Develop the skills and capabilities of the team at both a group and individual level and build succession plan for long-term development.
- Experience within either a luxury, premium or cosmetics business
- Capability to understand and defend brand DNA
- Strong analytical skills
- A true communicator
- Management of multiple senior direct reports
- Graduate calibre
- 10 years' experience in a management role
- Personal affinity with brand and products
- International / Cross Functional experience an asset but not essential
Key Competencies/Technical Skills
- Strategic vision
- Entrepreneurial flare
- Management and development of people
- Driven and ability to drive team
- Customer and relationship focused
- Ability to be both proactive and reactive
- Budget focused
- Strong negotiation skills
- A good understanding of Merchandising function and responsibilities in an international company environment