Title of intern: Merchandising Intern.
Location: FENDI Americas Corporate Office, New York, NY
Internship timeframe: Spring 2019 (January - May)
Please note that this is a full-time internship (5 days a week).
Assist GMM, Merchandisers and Merchandising Planners to obtain a varied and complete understanding of the merchandising field and all the responsibilities attached with the profession.
What the intern will learn:
Fendi is committed to ensuring that its internships provide a valuable learning experience for its interns. In connection with this internship, Fendi anticipates that the intern will gain experience and knowledge in the following areas:
The merchandising intern will have exposure to all 17 categories of the FENDI Americas Business as well as the US, Brazil, Mexico and Canada markets.
- Reporting: create and update reports on a weekly, seasonal, and annual basis
- Complete allocations from warehouse to store
- Analysis: learn to identify trends in sales, stores, product categories, and markets
- Selling tools: creation of selling tools, look books, product launch packets, etc.
- Competition: analysis of key competitors to identify market trends and product needs
- Programs: exposure to merchandising systems including Retail Pro, Business Objects & Atamos
- Product & Store Training: prepare for and participate in NYC area product and store trainings (seasonal product launches, and specific product focused trainings)
- Market visits: prepare for and participate in NYC & surrounding area market visits
- Administrative Support: sample management, organizing messenger or shipment service
- Support merchandising team by creating or investigating a range of projects specific to current department needs. Some examples include: E-commerce competitive analysis, fur trunk show support, event preparation, etc.
Skills & Abilities
Passion for Luxury industry
Strong attention to detail
Excellent written & verbal communication skills
Able to prioritize in a fast-paced environment