This position plays a critical role as the first point of contact and partner to define and execute the UK department store direction deliver annual business objectives, manage and develop direct report(s) to ensure key KPI's are achieved. Partners closely with the UK Marketing and Sales/Education team to ensure the systems and processes are in place to consistently build our business for the future
- Develop and implement a sales strategy to ensure both short and long term goals are achieved.
- Provide in depth market analysis to identify key opportunities, understand changes in market direction
- Deliver sales growth through developing strong collaborative relationships with commercial partners at a national level.
- Provide regular and timely sales reporting, recommending and subsequently initiating changes in strategy and approach where necessary.
- Identify opportunities and determine potential for new channels
- Shape, lead and develop the National Accounts team and develop a culture of high performance.
- Provide ongoing performance management
- Develop the team through coaching, mentoring, on the job development and other appropriate development opportunities.
- Develop strategic plans for each store group encompassing objectives on:
- Retail and wholesale growth
- Distribution, pace and location
- Maximising profitability
- Consistent and maximum Brand imagery.
- Communicate and implement the strategic plans with management and sales team.
- Provide effective communication and strong working relationships with each allocated Store Group management.
- Ensure effective communication and coordinated activity between Kendo brands team management and sales team.
- Facilitate feedback from the Field Management relating to the respective Store Groups
- Significant Experience in retail sales management within the cosmetics industry
- Proven track record of managing wholesale sales within department stores in cosmetics or a similar field.
- Commercially astute and able to drive business performance. A relevant business degree/diploma advantageous
- Strong track record of achieving revenue and profit targets
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills essential, adaptable for delivery to a range of audiences
- Team management experience essential
- A full UK driving license is required for this role