POSITION: National Accounts Manager STATUS: Exempt
REPORTS TO: Commercial Director - Kendo Brands UK
LOCATION: London, UK
This is a new role as Kendo evolves and grows. This position plays a critical role as part of the National Accounts team you will be the interface between Kendo Brands UK Head Office and the Sales Education team, and a selection of National Account Groups. The National Accounts team is charged with achieving agreed wholesale targets for allocated National Account Groups through effective communication and implementation of strategic plans, and to maximize business to its full potential.
- To ensure the smooth running of the Automated Stock Replenishment Systems and liaise with the Operations Department accordingly.
- To ensure and negotiate correct par levels for each store within allocated National Account Groups.
- To successfully sell-in the Marketing Programmes to each of the allocated National Account Groups and maximise store support for these activities.
- To achieve agreed retail and wholesale targets within the allocated National Account Groups.
- To monitor and forecast retail and wholesale performance for the allocated National Account Groups.
- Develop and implement activities tailored to each allocated National Account Group as needed and directed to maximise business potential.
- To provide effective communication and strong working relationships with each allocated National Account Group management.
- To ensure effective communication and coordinated activity between Kendo Brands management and sales team.
- To encourage feedback from the Field Management relating to the respective National Account Groups.
- To seek improvement in operating efficiencies within the allocated National Account Groups with particular reference to automatic stock replenishment systems.
- Ensure regular visits to key stores within allocated National Account Groups with the field sales team, Senior National Accounts Manager or on own.
- To monitor and communicate competitor activity and performance within the allocated National Account Groups.
- Implement and complete projects as requested
- Commercially aware & ability to drive business performance.
- Experience in retail sales management within the National Account sector of the cosmetics industry is essential.
- Experience at National Account level preferable
- Proven track record of managing wholesale sales within the National Account sector.
- Able to manage time effectively and plan in contingencies to ensure targets are met.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills essential, adaptable for delivery to a range of audiences.
- Team player, ability to respond to rapidly changing demands.
- Proficient at Excel.
- Excellent planning & organisational skills.