POSITION: National Accounts Manager
REPORTS TO: Senior National Accounts Manager - Kendo Brands UK
LOCATION: London, UK
Kendo Holdings, Inc. is a San Francisco-based beauty brand developer and wholesaler. A play on the words "can do", Kendo has become the hub of creativity and next generation beauty product development for global Sephora channels and selective retailers outside of Sephora.
Kendo is owned by LVMH Moët Hennessy - Louis Vuitton, the world's largest luxury group. The Kendo house of brands presently includes: Marc Jacobs Beauty, Formula X, KVD Beauty, Ole Henriksen and Bite Beauty. Through original development, collaborations and acquisitions, the Kendo stable of brands will always be creative, inspiring and innovative. A dynamic engine of speed, expertise and market-savvy, the Kendo team continues to redefine the beauty industry through great product, great storytelling, and great retail and direct-to-consumer partnerships.
This position plays a critical role in leading the National Accounts team. In this role you will responsible for developing and maintaining exceptional relationships with our retail partners and be the interface between Kendo Brands UK Head Office, National Field Sales Manager, Education team, and Kendo Global. The National Accounts team are responsible for setting and achieving agreed wholesale targets for all Kendo brands in the UK. As a Senior Manager you will not only directly manage one or more brands/retailer relationships, but also oversee the broader National Accounts team day to day.
- Set retail and wholesale budgets in partnership with UK Senior Brand & Marketing Director
- To achieve agreed retail and wholesale targets for Kendo UK
- To monitor and forecast retail and wholesale performance, adjusting plans as necessary to maximize performance
- To monitor other key KPI's: shipment fill rate, weeks of supply, discounts & returns
- Ensure Kendo UK orders are effectively received and processed by LVMH customer service
- Where appropriate negotiate stock coverage/ par levels for each store/brand
- To successfully sell-in the Marketing Programmes to each of the allocated National Account Groups and maximize store support for these activities.
- Develop and implement activities tailored to each allocated National Account Group as needed and directed to maximize business potential.
- To maintain effective communication between the field sales and national accounts teams
- Constantly review and improve any workflow processes within the national accounts team
- To monitor and communicate competitor activity and performance within the allocated National Account Groups.
- Implement and complete projects as requested
- Train and develop National Accounts Co-Ordinator by setting annual goals and objectives and providing on going coaching
- Commercially aware & ability to drive business performance.
- Experience in retail sales management within the National Account sector of the cosmetics industry is essential.
- Experience at National Account level preferable
- Proven track record of managing wholesale sales within the National Account sector.
- Able to manage time effectively and plan in contingencies to ensure targets are met.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills essential, adaptable for delivery to a range of audiences.
- Team player, ability to respond to rapidly changing demands.
- Proficient at Excel.
- Excellent planning & organizational skills.