Parfums Christian Dior has an exciting opportunity for a National Training manager to join the team at our Sydney Head Office.
This role's key objectives are to:
- Develop the market strategy for training to align with marketing strategies and sales objectives
- Develop and plan training (both in classroom and on the field) for all Dior Beauty Consultants in Australia and New Zealand to:
- Ensure that retail sales goals are achieved
- Equip all Beauty Consultants with the speech and skills needed to achieve targets
- Ensure brand and sales speech consistency at POS
- Consistently achieve a positive mystery shopper score
- Develop and manage the training team
- Manage the department budget
Please see below for key duties and responsibilities.
Key Deliverables include:
- Respect set budget.
- Meet training objectives and productivity goals (including number of training sessions per year / per Beauty Consultant).
- Consistently positive mystery shopping scores.
- Number of partnerships signed with key accounts.
- Number of Dior Beauty Consultants trained.
Our ideal candidate fits the following profile:
- At least 2-3 years of management experience.
- At least 5 years of experience in training (including product, service and soft skills training).
- Experience developing training strategy and creating and presenting training material, preferably in luxury and beauty retail industries
- Experience working with and achieving KPIs
- Experience managing and leading a team
- Good command in spoken Chinese is a plus (Mandarin preferred)
- High emotional intelligence
- Remains agile and strategic within a fast-paced and ever-changing environment
- Ability to work both autonomously and in a team environment
- Punctual and reliable with good time management skills
- Exceptional grooming that reflects the luxury brand image
- Willing and able to travel interstate and overseas frequently
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Dynamic and motivational presentation skills that engage a diverse group of learners
- Ability to build strong relationships with, motivate, and lead the training team
- Ability to promote the brand effectively and negotiate training time with multi-brand retail channels and agencies
- Ability develop strategic objectives to problem solve
- Competent in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook
- Ability to create a supportive and safe learning environment
- Ability to understand unique needs of a diverse client group, especially Asian markets
- Expert knowledge in Dior products and services.
- Understands the retail environment.
- Understands training strategy of key competitors, and the latest beauty/fashion and relevant retail/consumer trends
- Understands the millennial Beauty Consultant and how they learn
- Understands the Chinese client and Beauty Consultant
Key Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Strategically plan training calendar and content based on the retail needs of the business.
- Develop training strategy by locally adapting international material from the region, and ensure the training in line with Company's strategic objectives.
- Leverage knowledge of competitor training and relevant retail/consumer trends.
- Deliver training programs in the classroom, including product training, service training and people management training
- Ensure consistency and excellence in trainers' delivery of classroom coaching, field coaching, and follow-ups.
- Conduct field visits and coaching (with a focus of Top Doors) to follow up on training and ensure D.I.O.R is well implemented.
- Maintain the digital learning application and digital tools at POS.
Management and Team Leadership
- Develop and manage training department (Axis/Area Trainers).
- Identify opportunities for and contribute actively to team development initiatives.
- Communicate with distributors and agencies and negotiate training time with their multi-brand employees.
- Work with Training Coordinator to ensure the logistics of classroom training are organised in a timely manner.
- Create an inspiring team environment with an open communication culture.
- Conduct performance management and appraisals to ensure effective feedback and maintain a high standard of behaviour and execution.
- Provide input to evolve company policies.
- Participate in review meetings to ensure all departments are informed on training activities on a regular and timely basis.
- Manage, track and report on budget for the department.
- Create and edit classroom presentations, fact sheets, and briefs.
- Maintain headcount documents.
- Connect with Beauty Consultants through communication platforms such as Whatsapp and the digital app.
- Submit qualitative and quantitative reports to the region