Estates & Wines, the Moët Hennessy wine division, is a unique collection of prestigious wineries spread across 5 continents. Our vineyards are located on exceptional terroirs within their appellation and our wineries have all broken new ground by pioneering new or forgotten regions, or through innovative & distinctive winemaking techniques.
Cloudy Bay Winery not only captures the essence of Marlborough, but also embodies New Zealand's unique luxury: the luxury of space and time, of intimate moments and nature's rarest qualities. At Cloudy Bay, we are passionate about creating extraordinary wines that express our place, our heritage and our passion.
Reporting to the Estate Director, we're looking for an Operations and Sustainability Director to lead and manage all the winery operations related to the Health & Safety, Quality, Sustainability, Production, Engineering and Logistics at Cloudy Bay Vineyards, by providing support and expertise to ensure efficient and cost effective operations, and that Cloudy Bay maintains the high quality.
This is a fantastic opportunity for you to share both your wine knowledge and your passion for operations management and process improvement. Thanks to your team leadership skills, you will lead, manage and develop the engineering, production and logistic teams in continuously improving activities within the departments.
In this role, you will be responsible for:
- Managing all aspects of Quality performance for stocks & operational processes, which includes Dry Goods procurement, Finished goods, Work in Progress & Dry Goods inventory to support production plans & market requirements and to ensure full on time delivery to all markets.
- Ensuring preventative maintenance programs are in place for building, plant & equipment.
- Implementing an effective change management process to add value to the business , especially on bottling lines, Warehouses and Logistics areas, and managing a culture of flexibility within this changing environment.
- Implementing and monitoring engineering production and logistics expense and capital budgets, planning achievable and strategic budget and ensuring they are met.
- Leading the development & maintenance of systems for Environment, Health & Safety, Food Safety, and Quality while ensuring maximum productivity and compliance with all workplace and promoting a culture focused on quality.
- Managing the implementation & cost control on all major production and logistics Capex projects, which includes production building projects and infrastructure redevelopment.
- Leading, managing and developing the engineering, production & logistic teams, by managing annual performance management process, ensuring annual objectives are set, and implementing strategies to build and maintain dedicated, positive and efficient team environment.
- Proactively leading Health & Safety in the teams
In order to succeed in this position, you will have:
- Tertiary qualification or Bachelor's degree in Engineering or related field is essential
- Post-graduation in a Business management field is desirable
- Mid or Senior level management experience working in Production, Warehousing or Engineering environment.
- Analytical, multi-tasking and strategy building environment
- Strong ability to pragmatically organize priorities and make critical decisions
- Strong ability to develop trust of Senior Management and to build successful relationships with key stakeholders
- Strong customer focus with an overall commitment to quality
- A very energetic people leadership, with the ability to lead by example and a thoroughness in approach
- Ability to deal with conflicts, stress and challenging situations successfully
- Excellent presentation, communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent spoken English compulsory; good written English required.
- Strong computer skills in all Microsoft Office programs
APPLICATIONS CLOSE ON 30 OCTOBER 2019