The Operations Business Planning & Analysis Manager is responsible for leading Domaine Chandon California and Newton Vineyard to the highest level of financial decision making regarding all operations matters (grape supply, production, costing, capital expenditures, etc.). Main purpose is to direct decision making towards profitability improvement thanks to financial analysis and strategic support to decision makers.
This position will constantly act as a business partner with all operating departments (winegrowing, winemaking, production, planning, supply chain, quality and new product development), throught activities such as :
- Maintain and improve costing models (including operations scheme depicting operations).
- Provide a clear guidance to stakeholders by linking Cost Centers' OPEX to Cost of Goods, making sure that profitability improvement is the ultimate goal.
- Lead Capital Expenditure process (from forecast to actual investment, from capex request to capitalization and depreciation analysis, and, from authorization to cash-out.
- Work closely with Winegrowing and Winemaking teams to make sure that grape supply is tightly followed-up from a overall volume and economic point of view.
- Maintain and update monthly the Grapes Supply model "Stagger"
- Coordinate closings on all winery operational items (costing, inventories, capital expenditure, fruit supply plan, grape sourcing and supply global vision, etc.)
- Make sure all Balance Sheets accounts relating to Inventories and Fixed assets are properly reconciled. Eventually, cooperate on the follow-up of Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable relating to operations events (grapes sales, grapes purchases, bulk win sales, lees sales, bulk wine purchases, etc.)
Education: Business School / MBA
Languages: Fluent or Native English. French is a must. Spanish is a plus.
Professional experience & know how
4-5 year's solid experience in controlling and financial analysis & planning ; with at least 2 years in costing/operations -> Mandatory
Strong analytical skills.
Wines & Spirits or beverages experience required.
Technical & management skills
Ability to manage change & complex situations, to communicate clearly results and forecast outcomes.
Knowledge of accounting principles, cost accounting and databases / management tools (Essbase, SAP).
Ability to animate meetings and drive senior operational people to financial conclusions.
Overall at ease with systems. SAP: advanced user. Excel: expert user. Hyperion Essbase (Topaz): past experience is desired.
Personal & interpersonal skills
Core - Go for the extra mile, curiosity, commitment and agility.
Additionnal - Business acumen, drive for results, diplomacy and integrity. Action oriented, proactivity, priority setting, problem solving, attention to detail and leadership skills, multi-tasking.
Management of one VIE.
Position based in Napa, California.
Local and international profiles are welcomed.