Title : Operations Controller
Company : Christian Dior Couture Korea Ltd.
Department : Admin-Finance
Report-to : CFO
Christian Dior Couture offers more than a beautiful brand to our clients; we invite them to be part of the heritage, to share our passion for luxury and to be part of the Dior family. We look for the same desire in our employees, to have enthusiasm and passion about being part of the House of Dior.
As an Operations Controller, you will be part of our Finance unit and you will operate controlling activities and provide advisory to strongly ensure compliance, following the regional and global operations guidelines and local regulation while harmonizing with operational efficiency.
You will have responsibility for internal process improvement and implementation to each boutique and retail office and actively pursue improvement opportunities.
► Education & Professional Qualifications
- Degree in Business Administration or F&A related discipline► Work Experience
- Finance / Accounting / Retail Operation with more than 7-10 years of work experiences (Certificates are not "must have")
- Work experiences in multinational companies
- Candidate with relevant audit experience (internal or external audit) will be an added advantage
- Finance background to understand the financial impacts, if not qualified accountant
- Good understanding on the ERP and store operation system (POS) and the related process is an added advantage
► Other Requirements
- Strong internal control and risk mind-set. Experiences in operational audit, critical thinking, good knowledge of flows and processes (experience in retail will be an added advantage)
- Problem solving mindset, harmonizing compliance requirements, business needs, and the executional efficiency
- Assertive and confident, good communication skills
Strong communication skills and able to work under multi-tasking environment (Good English communication skills required to regularly communicate regional / global team)
1. Conduct regular store control review in all Dior stores in Korea
- Review key controls over sales/inventory/cash/other topics with reference to Store Handbook
- Identify control weaknesses in store operation, discuss measures with country finance and management
- Propose recommendation, taking into account operation needs/constraints.
- Arbitration between controls and operation differences
2. Build regular control reports for review by country finance and management
- KPI on inventory discrepancies, cash discrepancies
- Reports to detect strange or irregular transactions
- Store regular (Monthly, weekly) checklist for submission to back office (for store audit or control purpose)
3. Report to local finance and management
- Report summarizing the findings/recommendations during each visit
- Follow up with country finance/Retail team on implementation and reinforcement
4. New store flows validation
- For new operation flows launch in store, e.g. validate any control points to be respected
- Collaborate with other departments on these new flows (Retail Operation, IT, Supply Chain, Finance, Merchandising, etc.)
- Conduct training at boutiques/retail team to improve the control awareness and the requirement
- Carry out operation control improvement initiatives and related projects, harmonizing control objectives and store efficiency
- Maintain and update related policies and guidelines, in line with Retail handbook and other global/regional guidelines