Embodying Christian Dior's values and standards is imperative for this role. The Operations Manager will have to support the Store Director in building the success of the House of Dior. This role requires a mature individual able to build a strong business strategy. He/she will work closely on the financial aspect of the business and will always have to ensure a healthy business through the control of all back of house activities.
The Operations Manager reports directly to the Store Director.
As a Operations Manager for The House of Dior based in New Bond Street, London, your main responsibilities will be to efficiently run the House of Dior in conjunction with your Director to ensure maximum profitability by supporting and overseeing the strategic plus operational planning for the House of Dior. Support and assist in the development of Dior strategy proposals and oversee the role out of projects assigned to you.
Back Office Operations
Control of all back office activities, ensuring the all operations are in accordance with company administration systems and procedures.
- Provide reports to the Boutique Director and to the Head Office regarding the back office activity.
- Manage the Administrator on all areas of support work:
- Health & Safety
- General administration
- HR administration
Point of Sale Administration
- Manage the team of Administration & Cashier Manager & Cashiers.
- Ensure that all staff are trained and know and follow the Company systems on: cash handling, credit authorisation, acceptance of cheques, arrangement of staff purchases, reporting of stock, cash and loss.
- Manage the team of Stock Control & Administration Manager and Stock Controllers.
- Minimise stock loss in order to support the Store Management team in the efficient running of the store.
Seamstress & Tailoring
- Manage and oversee the productivity of the Seamstresses/Tailors.
- Oversee the external costing of outsourcing of tailoring.
- Manage and oversee the rota and productivity of the Waitresses
- Manage the external costing in line with budget.
Maintenance, Security, Health & Safety and Cleaning
- Ensure that the boutique operates in accordance with Health & Safety regulations in conjunction with the UK Facilities & Maintenance Manager.
- Oversee the operations within the boutique
- Be the first point of contact for security and cleaning company operating in NBS.
- Ensure that the standards required by CD are followed by Security and Cleaning Companies to maintain the highest quality level of housekeeping and security within the boutique.
- Oversee daily maintenance issues in store.
- Ensure that the Health & Safety policy and procedures are adhered by both staff and customers.
Assist in budgeting and monitoring expenses within operational expenses for the boutique. Oversee all external costs within budget.
After Sales Service
- Manage the After Sales Service activity for the boutique and collaborate with the UK Events Manager when required.
Excellent communication, emotionally intelligent, sales driven, dynamic, excellent grooming, leading by example, humility and humanity.
- Previous management retail experience ideally in the luxury goods
- Full knowledge of back office functions and boutique analysis (CRM, client recruitment, P&L, store activities, stock control, reports, VM rules etc).
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills
- A passion for Christian Dior and our collections
- Strong knowledge of fashion and trends
- Fluency in a second language (preferred)