This role provides management, direction, and administration for all P&C North America brands including, but not limited to: payroll, benefits, Disability, Worker's Compensation as well as general data management in HRIS systems.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage the bi-weekly and semi-monthly payrolls in partnership with the Payroll Department.
- Update employee changes to be made in the payroll system, Ultipro, as it relates to state and federal labor laws. This includes personal, salary/title, tax, and benefit information.
- Create and send communications to relevant partners and employees regarding changes to benefits.
- Audit and analyze payroll reports.
- Conduct weekly audits of employee information to ensure accuracy in database.
- Manage company, federal and state reporting in partnership with Human Resources Manager.
- Investigate and answer all payroll- and benefits-related questions in a timely manner and determine the appropriate action and stakeholder.
- Create and maintain employee benefits files according to legal standards.
- Manage Leave of Absences, Short-Term Disability Claims and Worker's Compensation Claims by partnering with internal and external partners.
- Communicate information regarding 401K and Retirement/Pension Plans.
- Manage Sick Days/PTO requests based on relevant state and federal law.
- Submit healthcare and other invoices to Accounts Payable department for payment.
- Create ad hoc reports for management and relevant partners.
- Manage Open Enrollment in partnership with Human Resources Manager.
New Hire/Onboarding Process
- Manage the new hire benefit enrollment process to ensure accurate and timely enrollment, and lead first day Human Resources Orientation on benefit plans.
- Complete new hire set up in Ultipro system.
- Assist in other areas of Onboarding as needed.
- Partner with Payroll/Benefits Administrator on quarterly analysis of departure trends.
- Maintain off boarding toolkit with information related to benefits, 401K, Pension Plans, COBRA.
- Partner with HR Management on visa process for all international hires/mobilities in conjunction with legal counsel.
- Prepare special onboarding for international hires and families.
Human Resources Team Responsibilities
- Assist the overall Human Resources team with day to day needs.
Qualifications & Skills REQUIRED:
- Bachelor's degree
- 3+ Years of Payroll/Benefits experience
- 1+ Years of Human Resources experience
- Strong computer skills - Advanced in Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- Familiarity with Ultipro, ADP experience a plus
- Experience and understanding of US and Canada (Providences and Territories) benefits and disability
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to adhere to a set schedule
- Deadline driven
- Strong planning/organizational skills and detail orientation
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive issues