The Payroll Manager provides full support and oversight to all aspects related to payroll for a domestic and foreign population that totals up to approximately 500 people between US and Canada. The Payroll Manager is also responsible to implement processes and procedures to drive accuracy and efficiency in both payroll calculation and payments reconciliation.
Other responsibilities of the position include preparation for impact of proposed changes on the operational environment of various human resources applications, in regard to data management and information retrieval, as well as recommend appropriate changes and enhancements, coordinate project team efforts, implement and direct rollout activities.
- Create a standard payroll approval process to drive controls, from payroll calculation to bank cash out reconciliation
- Develop policies, process and procedures to grant payroll compliance in multi-state environment
- Calculate payroll earnings, including but not limited to bonuses and commissions
- Maintain HR and payroll data integrity in the systems by running queries, analyzing data, and creating and running various audits.
- Suggest and develop system integrations between company systems to drive efficiencies
- Manage the timekeeping process utilizing empower system for all employees, exempt & non-exempt, ensuring that hours are properly tracked and paid.
- Implement and maintain HRIS & Payroll Systems and other databases and tables, including but not limited to, Ulti-pro & Empower.
- Ensure regulatory compliance and prepare EEOC, Bureau of Labor Statistics, Multi-State Reporting and other statutory compliance as required.
- Partner with Legal to address employee compliance in accordance with federal, state, local and provincial laws.
- Collaborate with shared service center, functional and technical staff, both internal and external, to achieve required Payroll results.
- Manage intercompany recharges.
- Design and develop communication strategies relating to management training to improve the payroll approval process
- Assists with processing 401k payouts and loans.
- Processing monthly invoices for HR department, including but not limited to benefits
- Responsible for special projects as directed.
- 5+ years of payroll in multi-state company
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task in a highly complex work environment
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and to exercise discretion and professionalism with sensitive information
- Multi-state/Provincial payroll laws.
- Must be detail oriented and organized
- Strong planning and organizational skills
- Strong PC skills
- Strong Microsoft office and xls skills
- Ulti-pro and ADP Canada
- Regular attendance and punctuality.
- Ability to professionally interact with management and coworkers.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills, multi-tasking and prioritizing capabilities.
- Travel may be required.