BRAND: Maison Francis Kurkdjian
POSITION: Planning & Forecasting Analyst
REPORTS TO: Senior Operations and Finance Manager
LOCATION: New York, New York
The Planning and Forecasting Analyst reports to the Operations and Finance Manager. Position functions include sales analysis (sell-in & sell-out) and forecasting of stock and no cost. Finance and accounting calculations and analysis supporting monthly closing. Support of budget submissions and revisions as directed by Finance and Operations Manager. Oversight of daily order review and processing. This position works closely with the Kurkdjian US Field as well as with Marketing & Events teams, Retail Partners, warehouse and Paris HQ managing reporting forecasting and supply chain fulfillment
ABOUT Maison Francis Kurkdjian
Born/Co-founded in 2009, Maison Francis Kurkdjian is a luxury fragrance house that carries the name of one of the most celebrated perfumers of our time. Based in Paris, Maison Francis Kurkdjian is a Maison housed under LVMH Moët Hennessy - Louis Vuitton, the world's largest luxury group. The Maison is known for its creativity, know-how, product quality, global upscale distribution, and customer experience. Designed out of the tradition of a luxury perfumery, the fragrance nevertheless advocates a contemporary vision of the art, of creating and wearing perfume. Maison Francis Kurkdjian has a very selective distribution network in more than 45 countries over the world within the ultra-premium segment of the market. In the US and North America, products are sold at Bergdorf Goodman, Neiman Marcus, and select Saks Fifth Avenue, Bloomingdales, Holt Renfrew and Nordstrom stores as well as the Maison Francis Kurkdjian boutique in the Miami Design District.
RESPONSIBILITIES & OBJECTIVES
- Reconcile retailer sell out providing monthly/seasonal/annual reporting on business by wholesale partner, store location with insights on trend, store/market performance, with comparison to budget.
- Analyze sell-out by retailer/reference/classification providing monthly selling by retailer, highlighting on hand opportunities and liabilities. Prepare recommendations for inventory optimization based on analysis.
- Analyze sell-out and stock cover inventory levels by retail partner tracking budget/actuals/forecast. Provide monthly analysis to management.
- Analyze warehouse usage & inventory levels. Ensure forecasts sufficient to prevent out of stocks and ensure safety stocks on top selling references supporting wholesale as well as e-commerce business.
- With direction of Finance and Operations manager, maintain forecast data base providing visibility on future deliveries and timing. Coordinate seasonal launch forecasts requested by Paris HQ. Prepare historical analysis to be utilized by team in finalizing forecasts.
- Swiftly manage daily EDI and non-EDI orders with retailers & warehouse.
- Coordinate/track weekly EDI order shipping to share with field team.
- Review and approve stores and .com returns
- Develop stock & no-cost forecasts including launches & door openings.
- In partnership and with approval of USA SVP & Operations Finance Manager, communicate timely forecast needs to Paris
- In tandem with marketing manager and Events Director, forecast collateral for launches & Events.
- Support SVP USA, Sales Directors, Account Executives and Coordinators as well as Marketing and Event leadership as requested.
- Support Operations & Finance Manager with Accounting/Finance functions such as monthly calculation and review of retailers' chargebacks, help with monthly/annual closing.
- College degree required
- 3 - 5 years of retail buying office or brand planning experience, preferably within beauty and fragrance industry.
- Strong computer skills in MS Office, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal
- Strong analytical skills with ability to multi-task, and detail conscious
- English required, French preferred
- Finance/Accounting basics background preferred
- Skypad and QuickBooks Desktop knowledges preferred