Job Title: Planning Manager
Location: New York
Reporting to the VP of Supply Chain, the Planning Manager is responsible for Demand and Distribution Planning for specific product categories for all geographies of the Fendi America's retail network as well as the prioritization and management of wholesale order flow.
- Preparation of monthly demand forecasts (sales forecasts) at multiple levels of aggregation for multiple time horizons as part of demand planning function. Analyze sales trends, research demand drivers, market feedbacks and competitor trends
- Build the Sales Plan (best Estimates) and prepare and maintain the OTB coordinating with Fendi Americas Merchandising, Finance, Retail and Supply Chain Team in Italy.
- Work with Merchandising Manager to prepare buy strategy and travel twice a year in Italy to better size the seasonal buy during markets and provide analytics.
- Provide input to Supply Chain Team in developing inventory strategies on existing items, new products, and product phase-outs.
- Prepare and animate monthly Sales and Operations meeting with the Zone President, Merchandising, Finance, Retail, Communication to share the revised Sales Plan with risks and opportunities and propose actions plans.
- Allocate merchandise to stores and E-Commerce according to launch plan, events needs, seasonality push.
- Calculate best inventory target at store level (TSL), depending on sales and lead times, to activate auto-replenishment tool.
- Coordinate merchandise transfers to fulfill stock needs, optimize Sell-through, refresh assortments, support events (i.e. caravans and trunk shows) and weekly stock rebalancing.
- Communicate picking and shipping priorities to the warehouse and trouble shoot inventory shortage issues.
- Ensure that Wholesale seasonal merchandise received in the warehouse has been picked and shipped according to the launch/event plan. Partner with wholesale specialist to check and allocate bulk orders not assigned to valid purchase order.
- Identify opportunities for re-allocation between Retail, Wholesale and E-Commerce.
- Coordinate end of season returns and size shipments to Outlets.
- Store opening project: stock preparation and execution in coordination with all departments involved (store planning, logistics, visual merchandising, merchandising, retail operations.
Required skills, knowledge and attributes:
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Finance, Logistics preferred
- Strong analytical and forecasting skills
- Understanding of OTB and demand planning principals
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience in Luxury Retail
- Strong communication skills and ability to work successfully with all departments
- Ability to run reports and analyze large amount of data
- Ability to work independently with little direction
- Problem solving skills and ability to manage ambiguity
- Languages: Italian preferred but not mandatory
- Very Strong Office and Microsoft knowledge required.