Reporting hierarchically to VP of Supply Chain, the manager is responsible for Demand Planning, and Distribution Planning for specific product categories for all geographies of the Fendi America's retail (and Ecommerce) network. Very close work partnership with the Merchandising Department. The mission of the Supply Chain is to be a key Business partner in the organization to maximize sales and react fast to challenges and opportunities.
TASKS & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Preparation of monthly demand forecasts (operational forecasts) at multiple levels of aggregation for multiple time horizons as part of a demand planning function.
- Review historical sales trends, research demand drivers, prepare forecast data, develop statistical forecast models, and evaluate forecast results.
- Develop the sales plan and prepare and maintain OTB coordinating with Fendi Americas Merchandising and Supply Chain Team in Italy. Interact with merchandising and Communications to review forecasts and event strategy. Use and maintain the Demand Planning software as the primary forecasting system tool.
- Provide input to the Supply Chain Team in developing inventory strategies on existing items, new products, and product phase-outs.
- Closely coordinate and communicate with Supply Chain to secure additional inventory when demand exceeds the forecast.
- Allocate merchandise to stores and E-Commerce according to launch plan, warehouse and store inventory levels.
- Coordinate merchandise transfers to fulfill stock needs, refresh assortments and support events (i.e. caravans and trunk shows).
- Communicate picking and shipping priorities to the warehouse and trouble shoot any inventory shortage issues.
- Coordinate end of season returns and shipments to the Outlets.
- Support store opening / closing plans.
- Identify opportunities for re-allocation between Retail, Wholesale and E-Commerce.
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience in Luxury Retail Skills.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Mathematics, Finance preferred.
- Strong analytical and forecasting skills.
- Understanding of OTB and demand planning principals.
- Ability to run reports and analyze large amount of data, very Strong Excel knowledge required.
- Ability to work independently with little direction.
- Problem solving skills and ability to manage ambiguity.
- Client centric.
- Strong communication skills and ability to work successfully with all departments, to deliver impactful and simple messages.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Power BI and Anaplan forecasts is a plus.