The Production team are pivotal to the success of the business and our elevated product offering. The Product Developer is vital to the craft of Pink. You will manage product categories from initial concept and follow this through to production and delivery. You will also provide senior level partnership to the Production and Development Manager and the Production Director.
- Working closely with the design team developing products needed for the range and business whilst ensuring products are within Pink standards, budget and margin and respect the range plan.
- Implement the seasonal development critical paths, ensuring all deadlines are adhered to
- Launching of new trials and prototypes, in line with business range plan and strategies
- Sourcing and developing raw materials
- Responsible for SMS BOMs
- Responsible for ordering SMS, Press and other special request sample sets
- Responsible for obtaining first costs from suppliers
- Monitor the critical path and be proactive in preparation of certain tasks in a timely manner
- Responsible for entering correct product information on the Product Development Chart
- Responsible for managing sample spend for assigned categories against sample budget
- Sending out bulk product information each season to suppliers (fabric details, label codes, button references, sketches etc.)
- Negotiating prices and securing capacity based on final order book
- Chasing and updating on a weekly basis the sealer tracker and production schedule from suppliers
- Dealing with production issues and communicating this between necessary departments
- Chasing and managing trim suppliers (labels, buttons, zips etc.)
- Attending fit sessions and assisting Garment Tech in fits and sending out comments
- Check bulk production invoices and ensure prices and quantities are correct
- Responsible for sending out and chasing the T&A (time and action) sheets to suppliers at the start of each season ensuring that these are filled in correctly
- Develop and maintain appropriate administrative systems necessary to monitor product deliveries
- General administration
- Participate in team meeting
- Participate in special projects within the department
- Be able to travel domestically and abroad when required
- To bring to the attention of Management any concerns you may have, in relation to the safety of the business, its employees or third parties.
- To adhere to all Pink policies and procedures, and to ask if you are unsure about any of them.
- To be fully aware of the overall goals and objectives of your department and the Company, thereby maximising the role you play in ensuring the continued success of Pink Shirtmaker.
- Effective relationship management with design and merchandising teams
- Significant experience end-to-end product management within the global luxury fashion industry.
- Demonstrable experience in building strong relationships with leadership teams and external suppliers.
- Experience of making commercial decisions in line with business needs, whilst also considering best practice.
- Passionate about product design and development
- Global mindset/experience.
Competencies and skills
- Works collaboratively for the success of the wider team
- An excellent communicator across all levels
- Able to balance priorities, identifying quick wins and the right thing to do.
- Project Management, Analytical skills, Excel, Adobe, Photoshop
- Client-centric mindset.
- Humility, fun, gravitas
- Enthusiasm to learn