POSITION: PRODUCT & EVENT MANAGER (Maternity Contract)
REPORTS TO: FRAGRANCE MARKETING MANAGER
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
Responsible for an assigned Fragrance portfolio in order to achieve targeted sales, market share and profit within the constraints of a set budget. Equally, leading and implementing Fragrance eventing, from a product marketing standpoint, on the wider fragrance portfolio & Maison Christian Dior high-end line, in-store and virtual events online.
- Orchestrate selected Fragrance activations including internal coordination with all departments (Merchandising/Sales/Education/PR/Marketing coordination/E-Business and Customer Service).
- Ensure adequate stock coverage for all products through forecasting accuracy and quota management.
- Forecast collateral POSM for each Fragrance activation working closely with other departments and follow up on the logistics aspect of sending to all POS, by working closely with Allocator & Demand Planner.
- In charge of building, adjusting and implementing the trade & GWP plans for the dedicated line, per group & per channel working with the commercial and e-retail teams.
- Assist and participate in the preparation of presentations for internal and external meetings (sales conferences and strategy meetings).
- Develop ad hoc local collateral POS elements to support launches working closely with the Merchandising team
- Ensure that all activities are carried out within budget as agreed with the Marketing Manager by tracking and monitoring monthly expenses and by preparing regular budget revisions (every 3 month).
- Oversee the PO creation and tracking
- Track competition on Fragrance launches and events to identify best practices from the business
Event implementation - In-store & online virtual events
- Lead, plan and implement events in the UK, ensuring 360 support for each event by working with the Merchandising team, Education, PR, Retail, Agencies, and other relevant field teams to brief them on concepts, mechanics and implementation.
- Using an entrepreneurial mindset to create innovative and special events in-store & online to support the exclusive line Maison Christian Dior and as well as more widescale events on the classic portfolio.
- Create bespoke national retailer events by adapting each event to the specific region and retailer.
- When needed work with the International team in Paris (Marketing and Development) to brief them on requirements for local UK specific events.
- Measure the results of each event with learning's and recommended actions for future events.
- Work on the overall event strategy for Dior Fragrance in the UK bringing retailtainment to the stores, with an additional and particular focus for virtual events online in the context of COVID.
A Marketing or Business graduate with at least 3 to 5 years' experience in a marketing role in. Previous exposure to luxury brands, eventing and/or retail.
- Previous experience in operational product marketing and events, preferably in one of our 3 beauty categories (fragrance, skincare, make-up)
- Entrepreneurial mindset and leader in innovation
- Experience of Planning and Launching instore and online events
- Highly organised team player
- Strong analytical skills and commercial acumen
- Excellent communication skills
- Fluency in English; both written and spoken
- Passion & knowledge about industry
- eager to learn and develop in a highly retail driven market landscape
- Degree educated