PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
- Be a champion for the fragrance category across all stakeholders.
- Deliver all of the planning, implementation and management of the Fragrance activities to set and deliver the Targeted Sales, market share and Profit for the category.
- Create annual brand plans for the category (full year and phased): sales and market share targets, A+P expenditure, forecasts for basic and promo lines.
- Implement best-in-class campaigns to launch innovation whilst maintaining growth on icons and pillars within the category continuously striving to improve and innovate.
- Execute and guide the UK teams on local adaptation of each launch platform provided from HQ and implement best recommendations & actions for the category
- Develop communications with Paris Head office to ensure effective flow of information and feedback.
- Develop product strategies in line with the Commercial trading strategies prepared by the sales & E-retail team, to deliver innovative and creative ways to gain cut through and meet the demands of the retailers with the Beauty Product manager.
- Work closely with the Retail, Sales, Training, Marketing and Merchandising teams in order to ensure consistency in-line with Marketing strategies and objectives.
- Review and analyse monthly performance using NPD, and internal reporting systems to provide analysis and business driving insight across from the category to feed the internal stakeholders.
- Create consumer pull-plans across the marketing mix including events, media, partnerships and promotions for a seamless customer experience.
- Work together with the Sales, digital team and Marketing Director on bespoke media plans with the media agency to achieve relevant launch KPIs for your category, where relevant.
- Review pricing for your category & work with international pricing team for new product launches.
- Build a robust action plan on basic business, in-line with the retail strategies to support the continued development outside of innovation moments on core long term pillars.
- Create and maintain a specific marketing and events plan for Guerlain Perfumuer counters and Harrods' Salon de Parfum, including a unique calendar of exceptional pieces, pre-launches and exclusive products that support the concept.
- Build a long range plan on investment needs for each retailer and product line, to maximise all POSM to effectively support Trade activities, instore and online.
- Establish and implement a bespoke marketing plan for each retailer in line with Marketing strategy and budgets and as set by the Marketing Director.
- Act as a champion for your category across the business working closely with all internal stakeholders to ensure a strongly cohesive plan maximised on all touchpoints, and ensuring swift communication of all plans to bring efficiency for all departments.
- Specifically act as an interface for Training, Merchandising and PR Departments to ensure translation of marketing plan to the field-force and merchandising guidelines.
- Manage the presentation of all launch activations and promotions internally and externally.
- Prepare regular and ongoing review and critical analysis of activations in the business, monitoring Objectives vs performance, including Profit & Loss, Market Share and Brand equity to ensure learnings and successes are shared across the business.
- Constantly work on the instore and Online experience, linked to tools, competitor analysis and POSM with the sales, VM, Training and online team, improving in line with the direction of the brand.
- Plan and implement innovative image-driven events for OOH, flagships and top doors.
- Ensure consistency of brand positioning in all marketing activities and locally produced materials.
- Understand the luxury competitive landscape, both inside and outside of beauty.
- Embark on field visits at least every quarter and build up a strong relationship with the retail team and Area Managers
- Ensure the vision and strategies are clearly cascaded, to direct and indirect reports.
- Manage, coach and develop Marketing Executive/Junior Product Manager, bring clarity and support to deliver more for the business and develop talent within the teams.
- Manage full A+P budget for the relevant category throughout the year.
- Proactively manage expenditures by activity in line with budgets taking corrective action when necessary, ensuring the business is under control, and is adapting to ensure the investments are distributed for maximum ROI.
- Ensure adequate stock coverage for all products through forecasting accuracy and quota management with supply team and Customer Services.
- Ensure that all activities are carried out with budget parameter as agreed with Marketing Director.
POSITION WITHIN THE ORGANISATION
Reports To: Marketing Director
Direct Reports: Marketing Executive
Internal: Marketing team, Sales Force UK & Eire, Customer Service & Logistics, Training, PR
External: Retailers, Print/Production suppliers, direct marketing agencies.
Key Competencies/Technical Skills
- Must have a retail mindset
- Analytical skills
- An ability to think outside the box
- Results driven
- Strong team spirit
- Strong organisational skills
- Strong presentation skills
- Excellent communication skills (retailers, media, internal)
- Positive Outlook
- Enthusiasm and energy
- Microsoft office (e.g. Excel, Word, Powerpoint)
- French language a plus but not essential
- Previous experience in Marketing and Sales at Product Manager level in luxury goods in retail industry and / or FMCG
- Knowledge and understanding of UK retail market place in beauty.
- Proven track record of negotiations with key UK Beauty retailers.
- Degree in Marketing / Business Studies or similar
- Inherent interest & passion for beauty.
- Proven team leadership and development