POSITION: PRODUCT MANAGER - FRAGRANCE
REPORTS TO: MARKETING DIRECTOR
DIRECT REPORTS: PRODUCT INTERN
Welcome to a world of exploration!
For 190 years, Guerlain has explored, innovated and perfected in Fragrances, Skincare and Makeup. Our teams are inspired by creativity, bold initiative and a culture of "why not?". We are "Explorers by Nature" who preserve, develop and transmit our unique heritage. We boast a rich diversity of talented and committed people who show that luxury and sustainable development are compatible.
We do this "In the Name of Beauty" of our customers, our products and our planet.
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
Be a champion for the fragrance category across all stakeholders & deliver all of the planning, implementation and management of the Fragrance activities to set and deliver the Targeted Sales, market share and Profit for the category.
- > Create annual brand plans for the category (full year and phased): sales and market share targets, A+P expenditure, forecasts for basic and promo lines.
- > Implement best-in-class campaigns to launch innovation whilst maintaining growth on icons and pillars within the category continuously striving to improve and innovate.
- > Execute and guide the UK teams on local adaptation of each launch platform provided from HQ and implement best recommendations & actions for the category
- > Develop communications with Paris Head office to ensure effective flow of information and feedback.
- > Develop product strategies in line with the Commercial trading strategies.
- > Review and analyse monthly performance using NPD, and internal reporting systems to provide analysis and business driving insight across from the category to feed the internal stakeholders.
- > Create consumer pull-plans across the marketing mix including events, media, partnerships and promotions for a seamless customer experience.
- > Work together with the Sales, digital team and Marketing Director on bespoke media plans with the media agency to achieve relevant launch KPIs for your category, where relevant.
- > Review pricing for your category & work with international pricing team for new product launches.
- > Build a robust action plan on basic business, in-line with the retail strategies.
- > Create and maintain a specific marketing and events plan for Guerlain Perfumer counters and Harrods' Salon de Parfums.
- > Build a long-range plan on investment needs for each retailer and product line, to maximise all POSM to effectively support Trade activities, instore and online.
- > Manage the presentation of all launch activations and promotions internally and externally.
- > Prepare regular and ongoing review and critical analysis of activations in the business, monitoring Objectives vs performance, including Profit & Loss, Market Share and Brand equity.
- > Constantly work on the instore and Online experience, linked to tools, competitor analysis and POSM with the sales, VM, Training and online team, improving in line with the direction of the brand.
- > Plan and implement innovative image-driven events for OOH, flagships and top doors.
- > Embark on field visits at least every quarter.
- > Manage full A+P budget for the relevant category throughout the year.
- > Proactively manage expenditures by activity in line with budgets taking corrective action when necessary, ensuring the business is under control, and is adapting to ensure the investments are distributed for maximum ROI.
- > Ensure adequate stock coverage for all products through forecasting accuracy and quota management with supply team and Customer Services.