Fendi Timepieces S.A., a member of the LVMH Group of Companies, is the manufacturer and distributor of Fendi Timepieces. Our company headquarters are in Marin, with subsidiaries in the USA and Japan.
The principal responsibility of the Product Manager is to drive the development of all designs, product and product environment for Fendi Timepieces and to collaborate with the Development and Design Director in the product strategy.
The Product Manager will be responsible for product development, product planning and execution up until the market launch, supplier relations and packaging/product environment to successfully develop sales of the company's products.
All such developments must be integrated with Fendi HQ and local management, the approval process is a key element in the development process. Perpetual communication in the development process is paramount to meeting deadlines for implementation.
Communication and integration with Supply Chain, Quality Control, Communication, International Sales Directors and Development Committee will be equally important.
In addition, the Product Manager must manage and develop all related external contractors to ensure timely and efficient implementation to support sales.
The Product Manager will be responsible for supplier scouting, evaluation, proposing and price negotiations with suppliers. Price negotiations should be established through "best price" process. This process will require the Product Manager to obtain price quotes from different suppliers. It will be the responsibility of the Product Manager to communicate all pricing bids to the Development Committee for approval.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support Development and Design Director with strategic projects
- Support Development and Design Director in establishing product strategy based on corporate strategies in collaboration with the Development Committee (product, assortment, pricing)
- Set-up and manage design process with internal and/or external designers and technicians
- Develop and implement comprehensive strategy paper including detailed market trends and sales analysis as a basis for successful product development
- Set-up and manage product development process (managing designers, technicians, Supply Chain, production, quality control, sales and marketing)
- Strategy Paper including Market and Sales Analysis
- Design Development
- Prototyping and Testing
- Production (pre-series, series)
- Quality Control
- Market Launch
- Define and implement dedicated quality standards for Fendi Timepieces for professional testing (prototypes, pre-series, series)
- Develop and implement cost schemes
- Develop and implement detailed profitability analysis (project cost, product cost, pricing, margins)
- Make pricing proposals CHF/€ to management based on detailed competition analysis
- Set-up of quality world-wide supplier network for Fendi Timepieces
- Scout suppliers in Switzerland and abroad (scout communication suppliers on request)
- Set-up dedicated process to evaluate suppliers
- Negotiate prices through "best price" process
- Make supplier selection proposals to management
- Team organization
- Meeting agendas/reports
- Budget management
- Technical eduction in watchmaking or similar
- 7-8 years of experience in similar position in watchmaking
- Network of suppliers
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Excellent negotiation, analytical, organization and personnel management skills
- Fluent in English, Italian, French (written and oral command)
- Willing to travel