POSITION: PRODUCT MARKETING INTERN
REPORTS TO: PRODUCT MANAGER
DIRECT REPORTS: NONE
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
Assist in the day-to-day implementation of Guerlain Marketing plans across multiple trade environments and on monthly brand reporting.
- Support the Product Marketing Team (skincare, fragrance & beauty) with category launch plans (full year and phased)
- Work with the rest of the team using the NPD tool to pull together analysis on a monthly basis for all categories as well as ad hoc analysis as required
- Assist with implementation of best-in-class campaigns to launch innovation whilst maintaining growth on icons and pillars within the categories continuously
- Assist the product team with the upcoming product launches creating PowerPoint presentations for internal and external meetings
- Make sure the marketing tools (Launch Calendar, Aurora, NPR tracker) are always up-to-date for the categories as well as all the available supports provided by HQ (Launch platform, visual, guidelines, etc) for the upcoming launches
- Create price benchmarks & product mappings for new product launches and key assets
- Assist with the creation of all printed collateral for in-store activity and product launches
- Assist with in-store eventing and work together with the retail team to support their needs
- Assist the Product Team with the forecasting process for the category updating working documents and working on analysis (Sell in, Sell out, Sell through of defined benchmark).
- Closely follow-up on preseries forecasting and dispatch to the different departments for your responsible category
- Update the Preseries budget tracker on a monthly basis for the category
- Responsible of the POs process.
- Contribute to the brainstorming of creative ideas.
- Management of own projects - dependant on development within the role.
- Understand cross-functional needs, supporting other departments on marketing requests
- Have a strong understanding of the competitor landscape, making regular visits in store and reporting on new launches and competitor marketing activations
CATEGORY & BRAND REPORTING
- Review and analyse Sell in and Sell out performances using NPD and Orion.
- Assist the Product Team in day-to-day analytical reports/performance deep-dive requested by top management.
- Analysis of competitor launches (store visits) and activity on a monthly basis creating a report that can be circulated to the wider team in UK and Europe.
POSITION WITHIN THE ORGANISATION
Training, E-retail, VM, Finance
Shared Service Centre
Business Unit Team Europe
Direct Reports: None
External: Retailers, Print/Production suppliers, direct marketing agencies
Key Competencies/Technical Skills
- Fluent in English
- Strong Microsoft Office skills
- Advanced analytical Excel skills (V lookup, pivot table, etc)
- Team work abilities
- Substantial organisational skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Creative flair
- Project Management
- Degree in Marketing / Business Studies or similar
- 12 months experience in Marketing in Luxury and / or FMCG
- Strong interest for the beauty & skincare industry
- Passion for numbers/analysis
- French language a plus