The Product Sales Manager (PSM) is a key people element to DFS' promise to be The World Traveler's Preferred Destination for Luxurious Shopping. As the primary conduit between the corporate merchant team and the customer, their role is to ensure a seamless customer experience aligned to the company vision while effectively driving sales. The PSM owns their brand/categories of business at store level and is responsible for ensuring promotions, product training and overall floor presentations are delivered by managing, mentoring and developing a cross-functional sales team.
The Product Sales Manager needs to display strong interpersonal skills and have a genuine desire to lead and inspire a team. Most importantly, the PSM must possess a passion for luxury retail and the brands and products they represent.
1. Selling and the Customer Experience
> Align the customer experience to the company promise- to be the World Traveler's Preferred Destination for Luxurious Shopping.
> Drive sales, clearance, promotions and incentive targets with passion. Focus on ways to increase and continually improve;
o Conversion of customers from non-buying to buying
o Spend per transaction
o Average Units per Sale (AUS).
Manage the sales floor:
> Ensure a high energy, positive floor experience for staff and customers
o Observe and coach team members to continually improve the customer experience
o Manage team visibility on the shop floor for optimal staffing and floor coverage
2. Team & Service Management
> Effectively communicate the company objectives to Team Leads and Sales Associates
> Review sales productivity and individual sales team member's performance on a regular basis
> Create and promote a positive work environment in line with DFS beliefs
> Provide effective team leadership through open communication, training, coaching and active encouragement to meet and exceed goals
Work with the AGM Sales to identify future potential PSM's and Team Leads and ensure development plans are in place for this talent
3. Product Management
> Act as the primary communication link between product merchants and the customer
> Maintain a very high standard of product and brand knowledge in the selling team
> Maintain and enhance local brand relationships, while upholding confidentiality in sales and performance related information
> Ensure floor presentation meets or exceeds brand and DFS requirements
> Participate in the development and execution of merchandise strategy including promotions and seasonal buys.
> Actively promote the DFS brand and a strong positive professional image at all times
> Manage team compliance with all company policies and procedures, Customs regulations and relevant trading laws.
- Education: Bachelor's Degree in Management, Business or equivalent preferred, not essential
- Work Experience: 2+ years retail store experience required, leadership experience with sales and luxury merchandise highly desired
- Strong multidimensional leadership able to effectively operate in a culturally diverse environment
- High degree of integrity and confidentiality with a keen sense of business and financial acumen
- Ability to work independently and to tight deadlines
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Strong analytical, organizational and problem-solving skills
- Proficient in using MS tools, including Excel, Word & PowerPoint