Responsible for activities related to the development of luxury stores, directly managing the entire process of the project, from due-diligence to final delivery and warranty, respecting and reflecting the brand concept guidelines as well as local requirements. Act as the reference point for all professional representation such as internal VP/Directors, Dept. teams and all external consultant, contractors and suppliers to organize, manage and execute corporate specifications in order to deliver projects within set budgets, time frames and highest quality standards.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Supervise and coordinate all architectural and construction activities required for the renovation, minor works projects or creation of a new store or shop
- Contract with and manage external consultants such as architects, engineers, contractors and direct vendors
- Be responsible for costs, timing and quality of projects throughout planning and construction
- Communicate on projects regularly with corporate and retail partners in the North American Zone and work closely with Paris Architecture office throughout all phases of projects.
- Prepare feasibility studies, to evaluate locations and estimate budgets and schedules
- Collaborate with Finance Department on budgets and Legal Department on contracts
- Collect start-up information from corporate and local parties (Retail Managers, Partners, etc.) necessary to develop the design in accordance with company commercial requirements
- Establish contact with LL architectural team, to get location drawings and guidelines and all other necessary technical start up information
- Evaluate and discuss lease and LL Work Letter with LL representation as required.
- Coordinate with corporate designers to prepare location lay-out to match planned retail sales and organize internal review with all corporate and local teams involved
- Prepare project budgets and update them regularly during project development
- Organize RFP's, bidding and award of all consultants and supervise all activities and outcomes
- Organize general contractors, storefront vendors, and millwork contractors bidding, evaluate tender documents, Bill of Quantities, and offers, negotiate, and coordinate work.
- Manage all Direct Vendors orders, quotes, invoices and logistics
- Review consultants and contractors drawings to ensure consistency with project and concept, from preliminary submission through shop drawings
- Visit construction sites and prepare reports, from mobilization through punch list completion and opening, to ensure quality of building construction and millwork installation, identifying outstanding issues and ensuring appropriate follow-up
- Carefully archive all project related deliverables on the Store Planning shared drive.
- Collect as-built drawings and keep record of store opening information, finalize financial accounts closures, complete all close out documents, collect lien waivers and settle LL TA issues
- Report to Finance on all final close out and any possible changes to fixed assets.
- Oversee first year warranty compliance of new or renovated stores and shops after opening.
- 5 -10 years of applicable retail experience inside a comparable luxury international company, or similar architectural or construction management experience.
- Degree in Architecture or Engineering
- Computer skills: AutoCAD 2D/3D, Photoshop and all Office programs
- Ability to manage a team, stakeholders and outside business partners
- Ability to manage time
- Be a clear and thorough communicator
- Ability to be design and detail oriented with highest standards of expectations at all phases of work.
- Analytical and project management skills
- Possess a strong sense of ownership and responsibility
- Possess excellent and innovative problem solving skills
- Ability to travel frequently