- Responsible for the communication, preparation and execution of approved promotions in the location. The Promotions Manager remains in close contact with Global Merchant team and AGM Sales, AGM Operations for planning and implementation of promotional calendars and informative feedback, with a view to maximizing sales productivity.
- Responsibility for the promotional set up to be installed on time through liaison with Visual Merchandise and Product support teams to ensure ongoing smooth, accurate product flow to support the promotion. Also to act as an effective promotional communication flow between the AGM Sales, PSM's and the Global Merchants and/or local vendors.
- Monitor the promotion effectiveness and at the end of the promotion the Promotions Manager collates sales and productivity results relating to the promotional period. They are responsible for analyzing the results and identifying successes, opportunities for improvements future implementations.
- Ensure the appropriate levels of supporting collateral including GWP's and PWP's are available to support the promotion effective date
- Effectively and accurately administrate the process to collect agreed income from the vendor for transparencies and promotional space, in line with internal procedures for collection and reporting.
- Raise issues or concerns should they arise to the General Manager for further guidance or next steps.
Team & Service Management
- Understand overall company objectives and how the Promotions Manager role is critical to driving the achievement of company vision, store sales targets and strategies for those objectives. Ensure Promotions Co-ordinator has objectives which remain focused on how they support the delivery of exceptional product by exceptional people, and/or increasing productivity. Review performance on a regular basis.
- Actively support a positive work and industrial relations environment in line with DFS values, employee related policies and practices and local environment considerations. Provide effective team leadership on promotions through open communication, training, coaching and active encouragement with a view to meet or exceed location sales and profitability targets, and role modeling desired behaviors.
- Liaise with AGM Sales and AGM Operations on staff coverage and scheduling needs; schedules to be provided by Talent Scheduling Co-ordinator for the location.
- Partner with your GM and Talent Management to ensure a succession plan is in place and actively progressing for your location as appropriate.
- Support the location with their succession plan by assisting others to grow their retail skills, confidence and effectiveness in their roles. In addition to internal customer service levels this role effectiveness includes continual improvement and refinement of staff productivity, internal processes, communication effectiveness and product knowledge
- Identify, implement, and monitor outcomes from individual and team development programs delivered and supported. Provide feedback on training effectiveness to your General Manager.
- Participate in recruitment and selection of the location team as required. Ensure recruitment interviews are conducted in a professional and efficient manner with compliance to DFS related policies and local legislation.
- Communicate with your General Manager, AGM Operations, AGM Sales, Talent Management, Merchandising, Marketing and Global CSC teams on relevant store issues.
- Actively participate in corporate charity initiatives, local community and government activities to demonstrate DFS' commitment to the local community in both business and social senses.
- Bachelor's Degree in Management, Business or equivalent preferred.
- 3 years or above in retail environment required. Team leadership experience with retail / service industry or merchandising role highly desired.
- Strong Command of English language, written and spoken.
- Able to effectively communicate and operate in a culturally diverse environment with astuteness and sensitivity.
- Must have high degree of integrity and confidentiality with a keen sense of business/financial acumen
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Able to work under stringent deadlines and high pressure and be able to prioritize a heavy workload with multiple deadline
- Must have strong interpersonal skills and be able to work well with personnel at various levels.
- Must have strong communication skills, both oral and written
- Function as a resourceful and proactive team member.