The PR/VIP Manager will support the brand's Global Communications strategy as well as the Regional PR/VIP push as well as drive brand awareness and amplify the brand positioning, all with the target to increase sales across all of North America and Regionally.
The ideal candidate will bring the disciplines of a structured organization (corporate and/or agency) but have an entrepreneurial spirit. They should be able to handle multiple projects and communicate effectively, internally and externally. The position requires an energetic person, driven to results, with passion, intelligence and industry experience.
The passion our employees have for the brand is the foundation that drives our success.
Essential Job Responsibilities
- Monitor rising talent consistently to identify potential collaborators for paid/organic proposals.
- Lead e-mail exchange with Head Office and stylists regarding talent approvals and dressing proposals.
- Oversee rising talent research in film/music/entertainment/art/skate cultures.
- Oversee regional talent proposals for gifting activations.
- Support stylists/assistants with talent shopping appointments, purchases, showroom pulls.
- Pitch product launch to stylists/agents for them to engage their client with approved talents.
- Pitch stylists of approved talent for Award Season/Film Festivals/local events.
- Execute celebrity strategy to communicate brand identity to the customer via "dressing" and event initiatives relating to Film, Music, Art and Social Media.
- Outreach and negotiate with existing and new talent approved the brand for dressing, Fashion Week initiatives and event appearances.
- Support the worldwide communication strategy, while working locally with the US Communications Director in developing a PR plan to build brand awareness via ongoing editorial placements, influencer strategies, and storytelling in both the consumer and trade publication space.
- Work with the global PR and Marketing team to amplify key communication initiatives, including brand campaigns, new product launches, partnerships, collaborations, new store openings, and local events/activations.
- Secure the brand presence in key product stories, accessories trend reports and shopping pages, both online and print
- Assist in the planning, organization, and logistics of key press and marketing events with support from vendors and agencies.
- Liaise with retail and commercial selling teams to promote seasonal items with focused drive toward sales.
- Assist in talent procurement and negotiations, travel and logistics, optimal imaging, social media strategy, all pre and post press coverage.
- Communicate with daily, weekly, long lead and digital press contacts on celebrity -dressing releases, product placement hits and social media coverage.
- Coordinate the brand press library, internal communication of print and online media coverage, and execute regular activity reports.
- Support retail marketing efforts by implementing local PR tactics to drive buzz and awareness in local markets.
- Partner closely with the global social media team to capture and distribute local content across appropriate channels.
- Responsible for creating PR recaps, event and program recaps, and distribute them to global team.
- Minimum 5 years of public relations, VIP/Celebrity and event management experience.
- Luxury fashion or retail background preferred.
- Impeccable attention to detail.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills.
- Strong presentation and public speaking skills.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Comfortable dealing with high-profile personalities.
- Experience in working with media figures, stylists, publicists and talent agents
- Experience in managing external agencies.
- Familiar with budget management.
- Ability to multi-task, adapt, and pivot in an incredibly fast-moving environment.
- Willingness to be involved in not only strategy but end-to-end execution.
- Highly motivated and committed with a can-do attitude - thrives on the demands of a busy environment with enthusiasm, high energy, and a determination to deliver top class work in an entrepreneurial environment.