The Public Relations Manager defines and implements communications strategy that enhance TAG Heuer awareness, luxury positioning and brand building generating short term media value and long-term strategic positioning; manages an external PR agency.
Responsible for cultivating and maintaining positive media and influencers coverage for our brand and ensure the consistency of brand messaging across all third-party communications vehicles.
We seek effective, thoughtful leadership in public relations and promotional activities with previous experience developing, supporting and evolving a brand's image.
STRENGTHS FOR SUCCESS
- Energy to deliver and brand passion to position/communicate the brand (editorial positioning, press interviews, press conference remarks, media roundtables, panels, company statements, etc.) with a holistic approach to partners, media, influencers, colleagues and retailers.
- Creative ability to generate new ideas and influence press and media coverage in a tailored way across all channels of distribution. This requires defining key product messages and driving creative tactics to define our value proposition in a way that enhances consumer brand perception.
- Reports directly to the Vice President of Marketing
- Position will work closely with the internal Digital Marketing and the Retail teams to ensure consistency and alignment of brand messaging to the market and media.
- Work with HQ PR Team to build consistent and relevant local PR plans, in line with global communication plan.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Develop and implement cohesive and aggressive public relations strategy and initiatives that create demand for TAG Heuer timepieces and media value in the short term and will build brand desirability in the long term
- Oversee the organization of press events, speaking engagements/panels, press briefings, media tours, HQ site visits, as applicable.
- Manage press activities, events and outreach for lifestyle and consumer media specifically, US-based lifestyle & fashion publications, watch enthusiast publications, online/social media and daily newspapers
- Familiarity with influencers programs to develop and implement successful event coverage and product placement, ensuring engagement and impressions
- Plan and implement press events and interviews with Brand Ambassadors
- Create and implement media outreach strategy reflective of TAG Heuer business objectives; oversee product placement and product shootings
- Uncover unique opportunities for placing TAG Heuer timepieces and executives in best possible light
- Pro-active pitching of story ideas to influential editors
- Identify relevant editorial opportunities for TAG Heuer across business, consumer and lifestyle press
- Develop relevant written materials and presentations for internal & external clients such as news releases, executive summaries, results/placement reports and annual PR plans
- Manage PR budgets, product loan program and media database
- Develop company positions on key trends affecting luxury watch industry
- Serve as a contact person and spokesperson for media inquiries
- Develop proactive relationships with key journalists
- Create media messages, Q & A's and other positioning documents that ensure coverage matches and supports business objectives
- Manage the local PR agency on a day to day basis in order to ensure reporting and press releases distribution
- BA in journalism, communications or similar
- 8 - 12 years PR/media relations experience in consumer products (luxury or fashion preferred)
- Outstanding written and verbal communications skills
- Passion and solid knowledge of the digital media tools
- Demonstrated ability to create results-driven communications campaigns that align with business objectives
- Flexibility to work closely with various business units across the Headquarter, the TAG Heuer subsidiaries and LVMH, Inc partners.
- Strong media relations experience with ability to think creatively and generate new story angles.
- Demonstrated ability to work under pressure, meet deadlines, and handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Direct experience pitching high-profile stories to key media influencers
- Extensive and deep contacts with business, fashion/lifestyle and entertainment editors, analysts and relevant online media
- Experience implementing national press events
- Complete proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Good sense of humor and ability to thrive in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment
- Ability to work in an extremely hands on manner - develop the strategy behind a particular initiative and then execute all details
- TRAVEL TIME: 25%