Welcome to RIMOWA, the first German Maison of the LVMH Group. We are a global lifestyle brand with a mission to create the essential tools for a lifetime of travel.
For more than 120 years, we've dedicated ourselves to develop unique products where function coexists with luxury, heritage with innovation, and craftsmanship with design.
At RIMOWA we believe that great ambitions demand resilient companions. It's why our tools are created with longevity in mind. Because the most meaningful journeys last more than a trip, they last a lifetime. Please join us to discover your own.
WHAT WE HAVE TO OFFER:
RIMOWA has an exciting opportunity for a Quality Assurance Coordinator to join our Quality CREW at our Cambridge, ON facility.
The purpose of the Quality Assurance Coordinator role is to ensure that the Quality Standards are met within our plant and through our vendors. Makes sure that the receiving inspection and testing of parts and products are conducted as per established process. The Quality Assurance Coordinator leads the claim and complaint management for non-conforming material that has been received.
It is key to this position to develop and maintain a good working relationship with all other operating functions at the different levels of the organization.
Key responsibilities and Accountability
- To help manage, maintain, and improve Rimowa's Quality Standards.
- Ensure that the receiving of material is done in time within established processes and standards.
- Ensure QA and Rimowa policies and procedures are adhered to.
- Training staff on Quality Standards and Processes to reduce quality problems and increase understanding of Quality Goals.
- Coordinate with the Quality Control Supervisor any QA communications (Quality Alerts, Deviations, etc), discussions and improvement opportunities.
- Conduct efficient and timely communication with vendors to establish disposition for non-conforming material.
- Work closely with procurement to ensure credits/replacements are carried through.
- Ability to analyze information and help upper management with reporting to determine trends and forecasts.
- Actively support production when defective materials are found.
- Conduct RCA/problem solving for any defective material (incoming or in process).
- Ensure that Non-conforming process is followed.
- Support weekly and monthly KPI's.
- Gather and analyze quality data and propose improvements.
- Ensure that master samples are logged and up to date.
- Owner of the non-conforming (on hold) log and responsible for closure and follow up on these items.
You will have a post-secondary degree plus 2 years of experience in a manufacturing environment.
Experience working with ISO or other Quality Management Systems.
Quality systems training, certificate, or education completion.
Excellent written and verbal communication and numeracy skills.
Strong collaboration mindset.
Strong planning, problem solving and interpersonal skills.
Ability to work with little supervision.
Project management skills.
Ability to deal with a wide range of inquiries, interruptions, and ability to respond quickly to change of priorities.
Proficient in the use of Microsoft office: PPT, Word, Excel and Outlook.
Ability to use (learn to use) Quality tools such as: spectrophotometer, Vernier or gages.