The candidate will join the Quality Control Raw Materials Team in Porto San Giorgio (Fermo) and will be responsible for ensuring that the raw materials for shoes production don't have defects o irregularities that comply the expected quality standards.
- Make the qualitative and aesthetic control of materials at the tanneries (check leather thickness, softness, cleaning, identify any defects) based on masters defined during the industrialization phase;
- Intervene in case of non-compliance with standard and/or inconsistency with the approved master, suggesting technical measures to the tanneries for fine tuning of raw materials during the production phase;
- Manage and maintain relationships with suppliers, tanneries and internal Purchasing Dept. for accurate and immediate control of materials;
- Interact with Industrialization Dept., Purchasing Dept. and Raw Material Quality Control Team to solve problems related the selected materials and their use;
- Participate proactively in industrialization and production launch meetings to identify any critical issues.
- Technical high school diploma;
- 8-10 years' experience in the same role in a well-structured luxury shoes company;
- Strong knowledge of leather and main tanning districts;
- Flexibility and ability to interact with internal and external stakeholders (suppliers);
- Excellent organizational skills;
- Proactivity, curiosity and interest in promoting and sharing innovative ideas and solutions;
- Strong attention to details and luxury sense;
- Willingness to frequent business trips in Italy for trade fairs and visit suppliers;
- Good knowledge of MS Office.