- To develop Men business in Asia Pacific and maximize sales within and sell-through parameters.
- To define and coordinate with Country Managers and Paris the appropriate strategies and objectives in terms of new products development, new products launch, products assortment & distribution and prices.
- To ensure successful financial monitoring of these activities are within the sell- through objectives and other financial objectives.
- To lead the merchandising team and work closely with the Regional Managing Director, Asia Pacific to develop business plans and merchandising strategies.
- To formulate strategies, values, objectives and policies for all Men product categories in Asia Pacific.
- To develop the business through market study, competition analysis, product development and pricing review.
- To formulate business plan, sales forecasts and seasonal open-to-buy with Finance Department.
- To organize and manage the buying of seasonal items and the replenishment for markets in Asia Pacific.
- To initiate and co-organise transfers within the region.
- To ensure best merchandise is purchased at appropriate quantities to achieve targeted sales projections and sell-through.
- To achieve sales objectives and optimize the profit margin of Men business in the region.
- To monitor the performance of buyers and the sell-through rate to ensure the Men business is profitable.
- To collaborate with cross functional teams, Country Managers and local merchandising team on product launches, store re-remerchandising and season end sale.
- To ensure on time delivery of merchandise with the Logistics Department.
- To oversee show room orders, reorders and delivery progress.
- To develop knowledge of the markets and gather and provide marketing information and comments to Paris on sales, products, price, clients behaviour, client needs, market trends, competition, etc.
- To support the sales team through (1) identification or training requirements in products knowledge as well as selling skills; (2) identification of promotion needs i.e. events, merchandising display; (3) identification of marketing research requirements.
- To define manpower and organization requirements with the Human Resources Department and the Country Managers.
Education & Professional Qualifications
- University degree or above related discipline
- Minimum 10 years of relevant experience, preferably in luxury retail industry, with at least 5 years in management level
- Excellent management and animation skills and strong product sensibility
- Strong business acumen and entrepreneurial spirit
- Experience in merchandising and buying
- Professional presentation skills
- Coaching & mentoring skills
- Priority setting and multi-tasking skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- People management
- Result-oriented and sales-driven
- Organized and analytical
- Flexible and adaptable