APAC Regional Internal Control Manager mission is to safeguard FENDI ensuring an adequate Risk Management, Innovation & Business Support to functions and Compliance, in all the countries under the Region's scope.
He/She reports to the Regional CFO and works in coordination/according to the guidelines provided by FENDI WW Internal Control. His/her responsibility is specifically related to the Asia Pacific Region countries, but also to global projects. He/She shall think globally, as the rest of the FENDI WW Internal Control Community does, to ensure a greater impact of the entire community.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Control Environment monitoring and reporting: Responsible for the monitoring, assurance and reporting (at FENDI WW and LVMH level) of the internal control environment through an assessment of the key controls defined relevant by LVMH and/or the CFO's/WW IC Community (test of design, test of effectiveness).
- Store Audits: Performance of store audits according to the FENDI WW Store Audit Approach and reporting.
- Full Audits: Performance of ad hoc/upon request audits of Country offices so to ensure the compliance to Regional Guidelines, Policies and procedures, WW FENDI guidelines and LVMH rules and regulations.
- Retail community control guidelines: Keep updated the "store handbook" and make sure that is well known by the Retail community in coordination with the Retail Performance and health and safety team that includes all the activities, rules and recommendations to ensure a retail operation "safe" environment against risks of accuracy, errors, misconducts, internal/external frauds.
- Improvements: The outcome of his/her activity shall include (if needed) improvements recommendations where issues or weaknesses are identified or are deemed emerging balancing the cost-benefit, the resources available and the business/flexibility/speed needs.
- Risk management awareness: Drives improvements in the internal control environment also through awareness promotion with multiple communication channels, celebrating risk management success or best practices (i.e. excellent store audit results), informing the community, without direct references significant lacks/risks noted).
- Major risks monitoring and reporting: Leads the Risk Assessment process with top management to identify, measure and report Major Risks.
- Segregation of Duties and Governance: Support on the Segregation Of Duties by design analysis and Governance traceability control.
- Action plan follow up monitoring: Manage the action plan follow-up register that collects the actions required to solve the control's failures ad issues arose from Audits (including the audits performed from the Group) supporting the process owners to improve their processes embedding automated/traceable controls.
- Process and procedures design and implementation proposing simple/scalable/traceable/automated solution so to make sure that things happen and controls can be automated/embedded as alerts: Support other functions in designing and adapting procedures in compliance with local rules and regulations, FENDI WW Guidelines, LVMH Rules and Regulations.
- University degree holder
- Over 10 years of which over 5 years in Finance/Audit background (Audit Manager/Finance Manager/Director)
- Retail experience (a previous experience in the Luxury industry is a plus)
- Project Management excellence in multi-entity and multi-cultural environment
- Scalable approach and remote/automated controls approach to processes also using simple digital tools
- Fast learner, curious and open to innovation (smart lazy culture)
- Soft and communications skills to leverage the impact of his/her action across the company with limited resources
- Vision and mindset oriented to continuous improvement and automation
- Office 365 suite tools knowledge such as SharePoint and Power BI knowledge/previous use is a plus
- Excellent command in written and spoken English
- Reporting and Risk management portal management: Reporting to CFO, relevant stakeholders, in coordination with WW IC also thought the function's online internal website keeping updated the Region's information.
- General Managers/Finance Heads assistance: Assist General Managers/Finance Heads to establish and implement procedures and control systems to comply with internal control framework and governance practices.
- Market Finance Heads drive: Ensure that Market Finance Heads are fully responsible/endorsed as coordinators/represent of internal control in their market.
- Coordinate Regional Internal Control Committee: which aims to drive control process enhancement within Fendi Asia Pacific entities.
- Group (LVMH Internal Audit) support: Support the countries when audits are performed by the LVMH internal audit team and follow up implementation of the audit recommendations.
- Review of contracts and procedures: prepared by departments to ensure compliance with local rules and regulations, FENDI WW Guidelines, LVMH internal control framework.
- Regional CFO ad hoc assistance: Assist the Regional Chief Financial Officer on ad hoc compliance analysis.
- Special tasks: Conduct specific compliance/controls/audit/assessment according to requirements set by Regional Internal Control Committee (i.e. Business Continuity Plan).
- Process improvement and systems specifically related to internal control: Promote and facilitate implementation of best business practices when relevant to internal control remediation plans. The head of Internal Control gives a feedback to all Retail System Coordinators of the Region to ensure consistency in the role.