OSITION: Regional Sales Director
REPORTS TO: Senior Vice President USA and North America
LOCATION: North East - (New York City/ Tri-State Area)
The Regional Sales Director's role is responsible for developing and executing short and long term field strategies to meet and exceed brand goals in partnership with the SVP, ensuring the 3 Year Growth Strategy is developed as well as exceeded each season. Develop and maintain relationships within the Maison, specifically partnering with the West and Central Sales Directors to develop US strategies in partnership with SVP, Marketing Manager, Events Director, and Senior Operations Manager. Coach, lead, and inspire the North East field team focusing on each team members development and opportunities. Ensure the region delivers best in class service, meets brand expectations, and exceeds sales targets. Continue strong relationships built with the Bloomingdales corporate team at all levels including HR, marketing and visual teams, buying team, and upper management in store.
The Regional Sales Director must exemplify our four company cultural philosophies; people first, passion for product, promotional execution, all while delivering profitability.
ABOUT Maison Francis Kurkdjian
Born/Co-founded in 2009, Maison Francis Kurkdjian is a luxury fragrance house that carries the name of one of the most celebrated perfumers of our time. Based in Paris, Maison Francis Kurkdjian is a Maison housed under LVMH Moët Hennessy - Louis Vuitton, the world's largest luxury group. The Maison is known for its creativity, know-how, product quality, global upscale distribution, and customer experience. Designed out of the tradition of a luxury perfumery, the fragrance nevertheless advocates a contemporary vision of the art, of creating and wearing perfume. Maison Francis Kurkdjian has a very selective distribution network in more than 45 countries over the world within the ultra-premium segment of the market. In the US and North America, products are sold at Bergdorf Goodman, Neiman Marcus, and select Saks Fifth Avenue, Bloomingdales, Holt Renfrew and Nordstrom stores as well as the Maison Francis Kurkdjian boutique in the Miami Design District.
- In partnership with the SVP develop and create launch strategies; sales targets, marketing, visual, training, incentives, by door goals, and allocations for Bloomingdales.
- Identify staffing opportunities and needs across the North East region and within the Bloomingdales locations. Recruit and hire top talent in partnership with field team.
- Responsible for sales performance and goal reviews weekly, monthly, seasonally and annually with North East team and key store management utilizing the side by side business planning tool.
- Share insights on business trends and competitive knowledge within your region communicating information such as assortments. Insights on space and location updates and customization intel should be shared in addition to store traffic and business observations.
- Weekly communication and collaboration with the SVP and the Regional Sale Directors for the West and Central Regions regarding business performance and any issues that require
- Seasonal extensive in-store and virtual training regarding product knowledge, marketing strategy, new launches, and upcoming
- Ensure and execute continuous training of Brand Ambassadors developing selling skills, customer service skills, event booking success and product demonstrations throughout the store including store and department trainings.
- In partnership with the North East team train Brand Ambassadors on the Maison Francis Kurkdjian approach to clienteling customers, email etiquette, thank you notes, sample follow-up, preselling, new launch execution, and daily business review.
- Coach, train, and work side by side with the North East team to ensure all presentation guidelines are executed at the highest level following all brand standards
- Follow expense guidelines set up by the company for anything relating to travel expenses both in the store and out of the store in the most cost-effective manner ensuring the North East team meets the same guidelines. Manage monthly calendar and expense projections for the North East team using the tools provided while meeting all deadline requirements.
- Partner with the SVP and Senior Operations Manager to allocate launch products and write new store orders both saleable and no cost.
- Partner with the West and Central Sales Directors to plan and develop seasonal stretch and super stretch goals.
- Ensure completion of store checklist including images uploaded of all counters minimally twice a season ensuring all retailer specific and brand marketing executed in a timely manner.
- Planning, preparing, and executing Events both virtual and in store as well as providing detailed follow up in partnership with Regional Sales Director team and/or National Training and Events Director
- 5-10 years of related field leadership experience
- Must exhibit the ability to develop strong relationships with various departments in each location to maximize sales, cultivate strong relationships and collaborate with all levels of store management including: Store Managers, DM's, PR, and visual leads.
- Strong people skills to recruit and select best in class Brand Ambassadors and Executives.
- Must demonstrate strong strategic, creative, interpersonal, organizational, and communication skills as well as possess and demonstrates strong negotiation skills.
- Thrives on an environment that is fast-paced, rapidly changing, and customer service-oriented
- Highest levels of professionalism, always, calm under pressure, operate with high level of integrity at all times
- Must possess expert business acumen, analytical skills, and strategic ability
- Ability for domestic travel and hours of work must be flexible to meet job objectives.
- High touch store visibility along with administrative responsibilities.