The Regional Sales Director is responsible for the development and execution of business strategies within their regional distribution for the achievement of overall company objectives within a given outlined budget.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- In conjunction with the Regional VP, define guidelines of the regional plan and together with the AEs, a detailed plan by account for the coming year, i.e., priorities for retailing partners, sales budgets at retail and net, and operational budgets.
- In conjunction with Corporate objectives, develop sales goals by product line for basic, new products, and promotions; prepare regional budgets for A&P spending, T&E, and demo; and required code 2, and new product allocations. These budgets are then customized per account with goals and objectives assigned to beauty consultants within the region. All beauty consultants are then responsible for the achievement of goals and objectives.
- Recommend to the Regional VP the composition of the regional distribution in terms of account/door openings, closings, space/location improvements and new counter installations.
- Implement the Corporate merchandising policies to maintain the Company's brand image at point of sale.
- Work within the Company's Human Resources policies to recruit, hire, educate, motivate and coach all sales personnel within the region to develop a cohesive team environment.
- Responsible for the positive goodwill and partnership of our retailers at all levels while maintaining the Company's values, strategies and programs.
- A monthly business analysis is to be prepared with input from all regional personnel. The results will be shared within the region and a copy sent to the Regional VP.
- All other job related activities.
REQUIRED Qualifications & Skills:
- College degree required
- Ideal candidate is an existing Account Executive with 8+ years of experience from a competitive cosmetic/fragrance company
- Persistence in the quest to improve the market share of all Dior brands within area of responsibility.
- Solid leadership skills to coach, motivate, develop and direct the activities of others
- Good communication skills-both written and verbal
- Good analytical skills necessary to review results and initiate appropriate actions
- Computer skills necessary to operate all Microsoft Office programs