Objectives of the position:
Within our Finance team, in Strada in Chianti (Florence), we are looking for a Controlling & Reporting Manager that will report to the CFO, and will manage a team of 3 controllers. She/he will be responsible for the Industrial Management Control and Reporting activity of the Industrial Production activities and the Retail activities run in Italy and Spain. Acting as business partner, identifying risks and opportunities through monthly reporting and analysis, providing feedback on business evolution with analytical information about projects, monitoring actual data and variances compared to budget and forecasts. She/he will be a key player in the Budget preparation and main targets and KPI follow-up. Moreover, she/he will act proactively in the update, improvement and implementation of new significant KPI's and ad hoc analysis based on the most advanced Business Intelligence tools. The position requires the willingness to travel in Italy and to France.
- Lead and coordinate the budgeting and forecasting process of the company, according to established targets, deadlines and HQ guidelines;
- Active role in the analysis of actual monthly closing results vs forecast;
- Lead and coordinate detailed Profit & Loss, Balance Sheet and Cash Flow commenting main facts and variances vs. Budget/Forecast;
- Ensure the reporting is timely, complete, accurate and all information requests coming from HQ are properly addressed.
- Follow-up and update of the action plan defined in Budget based on the achievements recorded and risk/opportunities identified;
- Provide right information and proper recommendation on critical issues and ad hoc analysis;
- Support the CFO for Internal Control and Legal topics; ensure proper procedures and internal controls are readily in place;
- Assist in the development and implementation of systems, procedures and goals leveraging the most advanced Business Intelligence tools.
- Lead and participate to special projects - and cross department workshops.
- At least 3 years of experience as controlling manager or equivalent position
- University degree in Economics or Management Engineer
- Ability to manage time and people to task completion
- Ability to communicate effectively with different counterparts
- Capable of managing multiple deadlines with proven organizational skills
- Ability to take initiative and work independently at times
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and to exercise discretion and professionalism with sensitive information
- Ability to deliver information in a clear, concise manner
- Budget & Reporting techniques
- Accounting principles and procedures
- Very good analytical skills and advanced Excel skills
- Fluent in Italian and English (French would be a plus)
- Experience in auditing is a plus
- Knowledge of JDE - SYRUS would be a plus