PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
Guarantee accurate, qualitative brand image through all new store openings in UK and Ireland according to company and corporate guidelines.
Contribute to the development of the Dior image in UK and Ireland through the creation, design and build of counters.
Ensure the integrity of all the institutional brand requirements across the Fragrance, Make Up and Skincare.
- Take responsibility from conception to implementation of counter builds, refurbishments and design initiatives
- Produce a creative point of sale design in accordance with the merchandising charter in order to optimize brand visibility
- Challenge and negotiate where necessary the store terms and conditions to ensure brand image is not compromised
- Liaise with central Merchandising in Paris, the store and the suppliers to meet project deadlines and brand expectations
- Be responsible for the designs and prototypes of any counter build. These to be validated by Central Merchandising
- Provide project plans, designs and technical specifications to the international purchaser to obtain costings
- Work with local suppliers ahead of installations to ensure accurate application of designs, technical specifications and highest possible quality production. Once installations are complete, review the quality and processes giving feedback to suppliers as necessary
- Create opening reports and manage the recording of all counter builds
POSITION WITHIN THE ORGANISATION
Head of Retail Design
Senior Retail Designer
Dior Marketing Team UK
Dior Commercial Team UK
Corporate Merchandising Team Paris
Shopfitters and Suppliers
Good sense of Design, Planning and attention to detail
High levels of creativity and aesthetic sense
Ability to understand and defend the brand DNA
Ability to visualise store environments and enhance the customer journey
Ability to organise and manage priorities for self and team.
Architectural or Designer background with retail application preferable
Good relationship builder
Knowledge of the cosmetic market an asset but not essential (competitors, agents, retailers...)
Knowledge of French language an advantage but not essential
Ability to sketch and communicate ideas
Software packages: Vectorworks, Autocad, Sketch-Up, 3D software, Adobe Photoshop, illustrator, InDesign, Microsoft Office packages
Knowledge of furniture and materials for counter builds
Product design and management of prototypes