As the Retail Director, you will collaborate directly with the Managing Director of Chaumet Asia Pacific in Hong Kong. You will develop the Chaumet brand in the Australian market and ensure brand image is always upheld with the highest service and operational excellence in the boutiques. You will identify retail business development and growth opportunities for the Australian market, thrive on developing relationships with your key stakeholders and have the flexibility to manage your role between strategy, execution and marketing insight.
With high ambitions projected for future growth and the opportunity to deliver on our global vision and strategy, the Retail Director will develop, motivate and inspire our retail teams and ensure consistent sales growth is accomplished.
Through cohesive leadership, you will be responsible for communicating the company vision and empower sales & operations teams to deliver a unified customer experience that will continually delight and exceed customer expectations in store.
Your ability to communicate passion, purpose, and meaning to team members will be paramount, and you will enjoy taking every opportunity to celebrate achievements large or small.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
1. Sales & Retail Operations
- Achieve commercial sales targets and ensure all selling KPIs are met
- Oversee & manage all aspects of Retail Operations.
- Ensure accuracy of the physical inventory in coordination with store managers and the APAC Operations team.
- Develop and enhance inventory control plans and look for opportunities to improve inventory processes.
- Responsible for month end reports, review and analysis of financial data, monthly commission calculations & details.
- Drive sustainable sales, profitability and wage costs whilst ensuring a unique and brand relevant shopping experience across; direct-to-consumer channels in compliance with established policies and procedures.
- Participate in the local annual budgeting and forecasting processes for sales and wages. Collaborate on this exercise with the MD and Finance team in Hong Kong.
- Complete regular store visits, evaluating the performance of the teams and set clear objectives to achieve directives and benchmarks.
- Consistently drive business improvement initiatives to increase efficiencies and profitability
2. Business Management & development
- Develop key market strategies, channel, and brand growth strategies across the AU market
- Execute brand strategies to ensure expansion and brand positioning in consultation and direction from the MD
- Monitor local trading environment and trends, including competition, tourism, consumer trends etc.
- Manage the retail network for the existing and future stores in Australia.
- Responsible for supporting and developing new team in any local market we enter;
- Execute development plans (new store openings and closures) by analysis of potential markets/profitability
- Monitor sales performance versus the budget/targets and take necessary actions/measures accordingly.
- Develop and implement commercial action plans to grow the business, e.g. targeting clientele categories (local/tourists), incentive programmes, slow movers etc.
- Reporting - lead monthly performance and competitive tracking. Submit the report/s to the Managing Director on a periodic basis.
- Act as a consumer expert and make strategic decisions for the brand locally, improvements and redefining our selling strategies.
- Weekly and Monthly report on business topics, and teams to be emailed to the MD. Communicate in an efficient manner accurate business information to the MD and stakeholders in the business.
4. Staff Management
- Manage, coach and motivate staff to achieve sales goals.
- Establish accountabilities & performance expectations for staff.
- Allocate individual specific qualitative and quantitative objectives to each staff member.
- Be responsible for conducting performance reviews for the team by clear setting of objectives.
- Managing underperforming team members by introduction of coaching and performance improvement plans. To collaborate with HRM on these topics.
- Work collaboratively with the HR Manager for staff recruitment and employee related matters.
- Work closely with the HR/Training Department to ensure proper training of retail teams and excellent customer service.
- Train, coach and develop the retail teams on customer service, clientelling and sales related activities.
- Encourage and support individual development of staff and build succession plan in the store.
- Inspire high level of motivation and cohesion between high performing employees.
- Ability to provide strong leadership that is influential and collaborative.
6. Upholding Brand Image (Marketing, Communication & Visual Merchandising)
- Collaborate closely with the Regional Marketing & Communication Team by proposing actions that are specific to the local marketing & communication needs of the Australian market.
- Working with the APAC Managing Director to review and endorse defined Marketing & Communications plan including digital marketing to drive brand visibility and desirability in the local market.
- Assist the Regional Merchandiser on stock management and high standards of VM in line with corporate guidelines
- Collaborate with the marketing team to build sales plans for each market locally to capture and maximize events
- Oversee all High Jewellery events in Australia. Right from Planning to successful Execution and after event report to the MD.