LVMH Fragrance Brands, KENZO and Givenchy has an opportunity for an experienced Retail Manager to join the Travel Retail team in Sydney, Australia. The key objective of the Retail Manager is to maximize retail sales in assigned doors to grow market share, ranking and productivity of each counter in the area.
Job tasks and responsibilities:
- Work with Regional Manager on budget and forecast objectives
- Identify new line opportunities and share with the Regional Manager recommendations
- Organization and implementation of Promotional Events and Product launches in conjunction with Regional manager
- Achievement of sell-out results
- Build a close relationship with the Perfumes & Cosmetics airport/terminal/store buyers
- Co-ordinate with Sell-In team to ensure efficient order taking and stock processing to ensure optimum inventory at stores.
- Keep abreast of market trends. Advise management of changes regarding the competition which may affect brand performance.
- Keep informed of strategies and direction changes of key customers which may affect the brand.
- Advise Regional manager of all known product trends which may affect forecast.
- Develop new business opportunities with new and existing clients within company distribution and profitability guidelines.
Sales force Management
- Communicate to the team on a regular basis: targets, past performances, promotion mechanic, environment changes
- Build an incentive plan in line with sales objectives and allocated budget
- Conduct regular visits in stores and ensure the development of the BC's through regular performance appraisal
- Ensure recruiting the best-qualified counter managers and BCs,
- Propose development plan to increase knowledge and skills,
- Recommend BCs & shifts allocation by store,
- Plan & control expense budget.
- Prepare and implement the animations in cooperation with the Trade Marketing & Regional Manager
- Look out for opportunities to have extra space, visuals, promotion events etc.
- Manage preparation status and feedback report for each promotion event.
- Create planograms for each location, to be updated when newness hits the shelf
- Create merchandising planograms during promotions
- Enhance Brand Image through visual, merchandising, BC grooming and POS activities,
- Implement the Marketing Guidelines (assortments, novelties introduction),
- Plan, order and monitor testers, POS materials, transparencies and promo visuals per door.
- Organise and follow up all incentives with retailers within allocated budget: set-up, compilation, ordering packing and delivery
- Prepare and update all training material
- Ensure beauty consultants are trained on every newness before it hits the counter
- Ensure generic staff is trained on all newness in all major airports
- Ensure that beauty consultants follow the brands way of selling and express brand values through customer service
- Manage and keep updated the POS Database, Animation Database & BC Database
- Assure Retail Weekly, Monthly and animation reports within deadlines
The successful candidate is likely to demonstrate the following:
- Minimum 4 years experience in a similar role
- A proven track record in achieving sales growth in a competitive arena
- Staff management & team motivation
- Excellent communication skills
- Highly organised self-starter capabilities
- Ability to deal with performance/results in the field
- An entrepreneurial team approach
- Works well under pressure and to deadlines
- Strong Negotiation and Influencing skills
- Strong analytical skills
- An exceptional commitment to customer service
- Flexible personality to take on new challenges as they come
- Needs to have excellent excel knowledge, being able to analyse sales and be able to work on power point
- Be able to travel on a regular basis throughout Australia and New Zealand Travel Retail Markets.