Reporting to a Senior Area Manager based in Paris, the Retail Manager is in charge of maximizing retail sales in assigned doors to grow market share, ranking and productivity of each shop in the area. The Retail Manager manages the salesforce and drive sellout business roadmap to achieve leadership positions in every shop. The role involves both strategic thinking and collaboration with senior Management, as well as retail-focus and operational efficiency.
Retail Sales Development:
- Build with Area Sales Manager the sell-out objectives for the country and per door.
- Develop sales and manage sales performance by store to reach the target, with specific focus on Flagships and Top doors.
- Anticipate and develop action plans to optimize business through consumer insights, BCs shift management, promoters investments, incentive schemes and Trade Marketing activations.
- Maximize novelties launch plans.
- Ensure proper stock at POS with continuous follow up on stock issues.
- Negotiate locally with airport operations teams extra visibility and staff incentives.
- Build a close relationship with the Perfumes & Cosmetics airport/terminal/store retail management.
- Co-ordinate with Sell-In team to ensure efficient order taking and stock processing to ensure optimum inventory at stores.
- Compile monthly sales reports to management.
- Communicate competition's marketing activity to management.
- Build a solid relationship with the Local Subsidiary PCD team.
- Management of the Beauty consultants team performance: communicate sales objectives to BCs and follow-up on their achievement.
- Manage BCs incentive and shift planning schemes. Follow HHRR management vs local subsidiary guidelines and current schemes. Strong collaboration with local HHRR team.Conduct regular counter visits and ensure the development of BCs through regular appraisals.
- Motivate BCs to have team spirit and be goal driven.
- Ensure that BCs follow the Dior Art of Selling and express Dior Brand values through customer service.
- Liaise with training team to ensure BCs attend the mandatory training courses and follow-up on the coaching sessions done by the trainers and/or the Retail Manager himself.
- Recruit and integrate the best-qualified salesforce.
- Propose development plan to increase knowledge and skills.
- Plan & control expense budget.
Forecasts and P&L management:
- Forecast in detail sell out targets by POS to achieve objectives and gain market share.
- Forecast in detail expenses budgets by cost line and POS.
- Protect brand´s profitability. Follow exhaustively expenses and subsidiary re-invoices to Paris TR Headquarters.
Brand Image, Marketing & Merchandising:
- Enhance Dior Brand Image through visual, merchandising, BC grooming and POS activities.
- Implement the Marketing and product assortments by Sales Cycle.
- Communicate all Dior Marketing and animation plans to retailers' operations and sales staff.
- Be fully responsible for Merchandising Execution, implementation of planograms per door according to the agreed assortments.
- Plan, order and monitor testers, POS materials, transparencies and promo visuals per door.
- Prepare and implement the animations in cooperation with the Trade Marketing,
- Look out for opportunities to have extra space, visuals, promotion events etc.,
- Manage preparation status and feedback report for each promotion event.
> University Graduate in Business, Marketing, Finance or General Management.
> 5 years experience in retail management with supervision responsibilities. Experience in Marketing or as Business Analyst will also be a plus.
> Spanish Fluent English + another language
> Interest for the luxury industry and the travel retail business
> Strong business acumen: passion for retail, strong analytical skills
> Strong management background: ability to motivate people with the same objectives with enthusiasm and leadership
> High analytical skills: understanding business levers and maximize their impact to gain market share and improve profitability.
> Strong communication skills: ability to communicate well with headquarters teams in Paris (senior management, marketing, sales support) and with shop salesforce
> Service-oriented: ability to see every detail and always think about improvements
> Good negotiation skills: ability to convince peers and a variety of stakeholders
> Team Player: ability to share ideas and successes and build effective teams