Position Title: Manager, Retail Marketing, North America
Reports to: Vice President of Marketing
Location: NYC or NJ
FLSA Status: Exempt
TAG Heuer: The Swiss Avant-Garde watchmaker since 1860. Avant-garde is our culture and philosophy. Our unique heritage is built on a disruptive mindset, an innovative approach and a cool, free-minded spirit to think ahead. TAG Heuer watches and chronographs are an authentic concentration of innovation, design and engineering for bold, confident people who are connected to the future.
Our slogan #DontCrackUnderPressure is more than a claim - it is a mindset that illustrates the unique culture of TAG Heuer.
The Retail Marketing Manager is responsible to drive the implementation of retail marketing strategies and activities that enhance TAG Heuer's immediate revenue growth and long-term strategic positioning. We seek an individual with previous experience developing, supporting and evolving a brand's retail image and the ability to drive quality traffic which has a propensity for conversion leveraging CRM platforms and events.
The retail marketing manager will also coordinate the marketing campaigns and related support for the top national wholesale accounts.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The Company provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, sex, gender (including gender identity and expression), pregnancy, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, sexual orientation, marital status, familial status, veteran status, or any other legally protected status under applicable federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Partners closely with retail team to ensure achievement of annual sales targets through creation and execution of boutique marketing plans.
- Creates retail marketing strategies/plans for multiple retail and top wholesale locations based on analysis of local markets, geolocation, local/tourist consumer markets demographics & psychographics.
- Measures, reports out and optimizes the marketing plans based on results.
- Investigates local Brand Partnerships (car clubs, hotels, hospitality...) to secure maximum impact for retail stores.
- Coordinates and oversees all the marketing activities related to new boutique openings (including local media, partnerships, email support, marketing onboarding, digital reach).
- Ensures the correct application of clienteling tools and relationship business principles.
- Collaborates with VP of Retail in and training on effective clienteling and shares any CRM updates as necessary/actively participates to the development and roll out of new clienteling tools.
- Actively uses client data to develop retention and loyalty activities for wholesale and retail.
- Partners with the central marketing team to produce required collateral for upcoming retail events - invitations, in-store signage, etc.
- Designs and executes the communication process to successfully update the store managers and the boutique teams about media initiatives, editorials, product placements, partnerships, ambassadors, national initiatives.
- Requests the necessary media support (traditional and digital) to ensure the success of the local marketing plans.
- Explores local opportunities for PR activation and amplification.
- Coordinates with the visual merchandising team in ensuring the correct display of products and communication materials.
- Reports on a regular basis to senior management and HQ on results, ROI of initiatives and best practices.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Willingness to work in an extremely hands on manner - develop the strategy behind a particular initiative and then execute all details.
- Strategic networking and collaborative outlook.
- Data driven: strong analytical skills and demonstrated ability to turn data into action plans to ensure traffic and revenues.
- Dynamic presentation skills, formal and informal communication skills.
- Proficiency in MS Office - Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Ability to proactively prioritize, manage and complete multiple projects simultaneously within time constraints and with strong attention to detail.
- TRAVEL TIME: 30% - 40%.
STRENGTHS FOR SUCCESS
- Collaborates closely with cross functional partners to design, execute, measure and report on a holistic plan to generate brand desirability, store traffic and sales.
- Retail brand management experience including the use of all marketing and clienteling tools to position/communicate the brand with particular focus on events, unique VIP client experiences and local activations.
- Ability to analyze consumer data and develop programs that create brand loyalty and drive repeat purchases.
- Understanding of ROI - ability to assess impact on business of marketing initiatives and maximize return.
- Creative ability to generate new ideas and influence marketing effectiveness.
- Reports directly to the Vice President of Marketing
- Position will work closely with the internal Public Relations, Events, Retail Team and Digital Team to insure consistency and alignment of brand messaging to the market and media.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
5-8 years of retail marketing and or experiential marketing required.
Bachelors Degree in Marketing or Communications