Responsible for management of multi-store operations, including but not limited to: partnering with the Country Manager and the store teams to ensure store goals are met, lead retail improvement project, inventory control and management, liaising with store planning on store projects, liaising with corporate to disseminate information to stores, overall maintenance and upkeep of the stores, trouble shooting, and general policy enforcement.
To support the selling function of the boutiques by working with Store Managers and Country Manager on the areas of store operations including but not limited to: human resources, maintenance, security, supply, deposits/banking, training, POS systems, and communication systems; providing recommendations and solutions for an efficiently-run business.
Establish organizational and systematic policies/procedures to facilitate store goals and enforce operational directives.
- Sales tracking and reporting on monthly, quarterly and annual basis.
- Coordination with buyers of target, project information + qualitative feedback and performance tracking.
- Take initiative to propose and track contest and incentives.
- Communicate corporate initiatives and directives to staff through daily or weekly meetings and bulletin.
- Make recommendations for store renovations/upgrade/expansion etc in order to increase sales and market share.
- Be knowledgeable of the local market and business environment trends to include competitors' business activities.
- Assist stores in the control of store expenses and ensure accurate records.
- Review and distribute the monthly P&L.
- Review all in store expenses and make revisions on costs when necessary.
- Propose new ideas to optimize costs.
- Ensure proper procedures are being met with regard to cash, credit card, petty cash, and check processing.
- Lead TOP STORE implementation, ensure that store teams are following TOP STORE guidelines.
- Support implementation of CRM and clienteling initiatives, liaising with CRM Manager - as agreed by Country Manager.
- Take initiative to share good practices with other Regional Retail Operations Managers/Coordinator.
- Propose new ideas and projects to improve retail practices and operations.
Store Handbook of Policies and Procedures:
- Ensure that store management has trained all associates in all operational policies and procedures, and are kept up to date as required.
- Enforce all operational policies and procedures as dictated by the Store Handbook, the employee handbook, and other related material.
Equipment & Systems:
- Ensure that the store management is maintaining all store equipment inclusive of office equipment (i.e. copy machines, fax machines, mail meter, etc.), computer equipment (i.e. hard drive, soft drive, monitor, keyboard, software, peripheral equipment, etc), register equipment (i.e. hard drives, soft drives, MICR readers, keyboards, cash drawers, scanners, etc), alterations equipment (sewing machines, presses, steamers, etc.), music systems, telephones, ticket machines, etc.
- Coordinate the scheduling of all inventories and cycle counts with stores, inventory control and other functions.
- Provide support and guidance to stores as it relates to proper inventory preparation.
- Relay inventory results and progress to stores.
- Support the store management in ensuring all associates are aware of, and abide by, all operations-related Human Resources policies and procedures.
- Collaborate with and support Loss Prevention department in all areas of risk management, physical security, employee issues, store cash controls, inventory management, inter-store communication and L/P audits.
- Provide with regular input and feedback on how to control and prevent loss.
- 5+ years of experience in a retail setting with emphasis on operations, multi-store management or office administration.
- College degree or equivalent.
- Foreign Languages a plus.
- Computer literacy: highly proficient in Excel and Powerpoint. ERP knowledge is beneficial.
- Business oriented and capable of identifying and seeking new market opportunities.
- Highly entrepreneurial and creative.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Travel in Canada and occasionally to the corporate office in NYC or other US locations.