The Retail Operations Manager is responsible for overseeing day-to-day operational effectiveness of the retail stores in the East Coast region. This individual is also responsible for developing, leading and executing the operations strategy for the US in close partnership with the West Coast, Sr. Management, Retail Excellence & in-store Operations teams.
Policy and Procedures:
· Manage all updates and training related to the Celine Store Handbook & company operational standards/ practices
· Ensure all operational policies and procedures are kept up to date.
· Develop strategy to measure and ensure all employees are trained in these operations policies and procedures. This includes new hires as well as tenured employees.
· Ensure all policies are enforced by Management throughout the West Coast region and are consistent and cohesive with the East Coast teams
· Ensure stores are audit ready at all times.
Store Facility/Store Planning:
· Liaise with store planning partner on all store projects, construction, minor works and renovations.
· Support Assistant Operations Managers & Ops teams to ensure effective project management of store projects.
· Ensure Assistant Operations Managers and Store Managers are maintaining interior and exterior premises.
· Ensure all equipment and parts are ordered on time from IT, Store Planning, etc, to support the business effectively.
· Ensure that store management is maintaining all store equipment. Establish maintenance contracts where necessary.
· Point person for handling all aspects of Store Openings, Expansions and/or Renovations.
· Manage Sales productivity reports on a monthly basis or as needed and support Regional Directors with information sharing
· Ensure utilization of Performance Tools: Store Portal, Shopper Track, Retail & CRM Scorecards, One to One, Morning Briefing Schedule, etc.
· Evaluate operations in the stores on a regular basis and make process improvement or simplification recommendations to reduce workload for the stores and ensure standards are maintained.
· Support Central strategies, make US specific recommendations, and train and implement when necessary.
· Ensure stores control store expenses and ensure accurate records.
· Ensure proper procedures are being met with regard to cash, credit card and check processing and petty cash.
· Provide Finance Team with voucher and transfer reporting for month end closing process.
· Support Assistant Operations Managers with the scheduling and coordination of inventory and cycle counts.
· Provide support and training to stores as it relates to proper inventory preparation.
· Reiterate and support the corporate directives in regard to inventories and cycle counts.
· Assist Store teams in reconciling stock discrepancies.
· Updates all transfer slips to reflect properly on the store's inventory and ensure consistency between incoming/outgoing transfers, modify and add reports to the POS as needed for store and/or corporate use.
· Partner with HQ teams and lead End of Season Family Sales, Biannually
· Support Asset Protection in all areas of risk management, physical security, employee issues, store cash controls, inventory management, inter-store communication and audits.
· Liaise with stores and security vendors to ensure appropriate security coverage and contracts are place.
· Payroll and all Kronos/PTO management for the West Coast Retail Network.
· Train Retail Team on the POS System.
· Partner with local IT/ IS / Business Applications partners to ensure efficiency and use of all instore Technology including CEGID
· Support stores on training of new system roll-outs
Performing any special projects or tasks as directed by the Regional Director
· 7-10 years experience in retail store operations; with 2+ years in a multi store operational role (store management experience a plus)
· College degree or equivalent
· Knowledge of several different retail platforms/ systems (i.e Retail Pro, CEGID Y2, etc.)
· Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
· Strong project management skills
· Foreign Languages a plus but not required
· Highly organized; ability to work under pressure & manage multiple tasks
· Interpersonal; Strong oral and written communication skills
· Action oriented; drive for results
· Service orientation and customer focus
· Able to mediate and negotiate to resolve conflict