PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
To be a team member of a Shared Service Centre within the General Ledger department. Responsibility of managing the retail reporting and stock reporting analysis for direct to retail distribution across several legal entities encompassing physical points of sale and Ecommerce.
- Lead with Month End Stock count checks and system reconciliation.
- Reconciliation of retail sales on a daily basis.
- Reconciliation of Ecommerce sales on a daily basis.
- Own (Direct to Retail) Stock process from recognition, authorisation through to disposal.
- Physical inventory checks at stores including store audits.
- Supporting with specific focus on month end Inventory & Cost of Sales Accounting and variance analysis.
- Reconciliations, calculating and posting journals, creating reports, investigating errors or discrepancies and identifying corrective action.
- Contact with individual points of sales for variance analysis comments.
- Update handbook for the processes and ensure continuous improvement
- Supporting with queries from the Supply Team
- Working closely with Operations and Finance on Process Improvements
- Stock for insurance, completion of returns and checking against declared limit
POSITION WITHIN THE ORGANISATION
Reports To: Senior Accountant
Direct Reports: None
Internal: Finance, Commercial, Controllers, Operations, Senior Management, Parent Companies, Points of Sale and Ecommerce team
External: Customers (Retailers), Insurers, Auditors
- Must have at least 3 years or more experience within a retail inventory environment
- Risk Reporting
- Excellent Investigative Skills
- Excellent Excel Skills
- Excellent Team player
- Excellent Communication skills
- Excellent telephone technique skills
- Able to work to deadlines
- Must have a sense of urgency, be prompt and dynamic in a fast paced environment.