The Fendi internship program is intended to place students or recent graduates in real-life business situations that provide learning opportunities and educational experiences otherwise unattainable in a classroom setting. At the same time, the program is structured as a complement to the training received by the students in their school programs.
Title of intern: Training Intern
Department and location: Training - Corporate Office, NYC
Internship timeframe: Summer 2018
The Training Intern's main objective is to coordinate Training initiatives as well as follow-up in 46 stores throughout the US, Mexico, Canada & Brazil. The intern will have the opportunity to learn how a luxury retail network is run operationally, and support the department in growing the network to its highest potential.
Tasks & responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Track eLearning and follow-up on completion and enrollment;
- Support coordination on all classroom trainings and training events;
- Manage the maintenance of active employee lists, updating Central HQ when necessary;
- Create communication to new hires as part of induction;
- Support retail management team with analyzing Mystery Shops & Client Surveys to help improve client experiences and drive business;
- Create in-depth "deep dive" analysis by market and product category;
- Follow up on retail stores network training development
Based on the candidate's skills set, this could include creation of tools to support Customer Journey program at a local level.
What the intern will learn:
Fendi is committed to ensuring that its internships provide a valuable learning experience for its interns. In connection with this internship, Fendi anticipates that the intern will gain experience and knowledge in the following areas:
- Learn how a luxury retail network operates and what training is at both a strategic and operational level;
- Develop communication skills and professionalism.
- Strong analytical skills;
- Comfortable utilizing advanced Excel functions: Pivot, vlookup, concatenate, etc;
- Detail-oriented and eager to perfect tasks at hand;
- Comfortable making calls to various boutiques and talking to employees while putting out a cohesive message;
- Interested in a future career in luxury retailing;
- Highly organized and independent;
- Willing to learn.