PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
To be a point of contact for all customers and internal stakeholders in relation to returns & logistics activities ensuring effective communication is maintained to all customers (internal and external). This position generates and regular publishes logistical performance results.
- Receive and process all correspondence with our returns & logistics 3rd party supplier.
- Chair periodic meetings with our returns & logistics supplier to ensure smooth operational flow.
- Ensure clear communication between the customer, sales and finance on all matters relating to returns.
- Manage all returns to France and co-ordinate all disposals of stock.
- Investigate proof of return queries and process credit notes depending on the status of each case.
- Meet all returns key performance indicators (KPI).
- Track all parcel deliveries and manage delivery issue resolution with UPS to minimise losses and refusals.
- Effectively and appropriately communicate any delivery issues to the customer service, sales and marketing teams.
- Collate all manifests on a weekly basis resolving any potential delivery problems.
- Manage all delivery claims with our delivery suppliers.
- Maintain customer relations especially on key accounts and central delivery points by making regular visits to site to monitor and anticipate customer dissatisfaction.
- Work closely with customers to resolve any repeated delivery problems and participate in key logistical projects.
- Meet all logistics key performance indicators (KPI).
- Investigate the following and process credit notes depending on the status of each case.
- Pricing errors
- Duplicated orders
- Delivery mistakes
- Proof of deliveries
- Update RGA logs with all credits raised
- Manage, understand and communicate customer underpayments with the credit control department.
POSITION WITHIN THE ORGANISATION
UK Logistics Manager
SSC - Operations
SSC - Finance
Sales - All brands
Marketing - All brands
Brand CS and Logistics Teams in France / Italy
Customers - Internal and External
Third Party Suppliers
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Action orientated & proactive
- Drive for results
- Time & Priority management
- Business acumen
- Quick thinking, supportive and calm under pressure
- French or Italian speaking an advantage but a necessity
- Computer literate (IT skills, SAP, Word, Excel)
- Ideally At least 1-2 years experience in customer services / logistics within a FMCG environment