General Purpose of Position:
A Sales Associate is responsible for maintaining outstanding customer service as per Company standards, achieving sales goals, minimizing stock losses, merchandising, and safeguarding company assets.
Tasks and Responsibilities
Sales and Clienteling
- Ensure that each customer receives outstanding service by providing a friendly and welcoming environment, which includes greeting and acknowledging every customer, maintaining solid product knowledge and all other aspects of customer service.
- Achieve monthly and annual sales goals through effective use of selling techniques, clienteling, and product knowledge.
- Responsible for focusing on clientele development, building relationships with customers through regular use of client book
- Communicate customer requests to management.
- Participate in trunk shows and other sales promotions
- Assist in floor moves, merchandising, display maintenance, and housekeeping
- Maintain an awareness of all promotions and advertisements.
- Help solve problems and make informed suggestions that affect the service, and productivity of the selling floor
- Participate in store meetings and training seminars as necessary
- Assist in packing or wrapping customers' merchandise, when necessary
- Arrive to work at designated time and work full designated shifts
- Any other tasks as assigned from time to time by any manager.
Product and Stock
- Aid customers in locating merchandise at other stores, and processing charge-send sales.
- Responsible for individual stock assignments, including organizing stock on floor and in stockroom areas, ensuring merchandise is properly ticketed and sensored, and communicating information regarding best sellers and low stock levels to management
- Assist in completing price changes within the boutique.
- Participate in all inventory and cycle counts.
- Comply with all company policies and procedures
Skills and Competencies:
- provide outstanding customer service in person and by telephone
- Maintain correspondence with a list of established clients. and develop new clients
- read, count, and write to accurately complete all documentation
- adjust priorities and manage time wisely in a fast-paced environment
- communicate in a clear, concise, understandable manner, and listen attentively to others, understand material, and provide information to all employees, corporate personnel and customers
- At least 2-3 years of retail sales experience, preferably in a luxury consumer goods setting, is preferred.
- Sense of initiative and commercial creativity with fashion sensitivity
- Strong knowledge of the luxury industry with fashion sensitivity consistent with the brand
- Physical ability to stand for extended periods, and to move and handle boxes of merchandise and fixtures throughout the store, which entails lifting, and perform all functions as set forth above
- Ability to operate all equipment necessary to perform the job, including phone systems, cash register, sensor-tag remover, and all other office equipment.
- Ability to work varied hours/days, including nights, weekends, and holidays as needed
- Strong interpersonal, communication, organization and follow-through skills
- Willingness to adhere to all company policies, procedures, regulations, and standards.
- Prior retail sales experience, preferably in a luxury environment. Fluency in one or more foreign languages a plus; computer literacy a must