The Sales Audit Accountant attests to the accuracy and completeness of reported sales and ensures all forms of payment are received, accounted for, and reconciled with sales. The Sales Audit Accountant is responsible for auditing the Free-Standing Stores (FSS), Leased Department Stores (LDS) and E-Commerce sales transactions. The accountant partners with the Store Operations, IT to manage the entire sales and payments processes and ensure that operations are efficient.
The position is based in New York City.
- Perform daily sales audit activities for FSS, LDS and E-Commerce
- Partner with the retail stores and IT to correct transactions in reject status
- Monitor activity, analyze and prepare reconciliations of all payment types for all stores and E-Commerce
- Primary point of contact for retail stores to resolve cash over/short, credit card disputes and POS issues
- Report findings that are outside of normal procedures to Finance and Retail Operations
- Prepare reports and ad-hoc analyses for the management
- Implement and responsible for the store opening procedure (e.g. SAP and POS set up, business license)
- Proactively identify possible process improvements and enhancements opportunities around business performance
- Perform accounting and general ledger duties to ensure the timely and accurate monthly, quarterly and year-end close
- Assist on Finance audits by providing required paper works
- Perform other duties as required
Bachelors Degree in a Finance/Accounting Discipline
Minimum three years related experience in Sales Audit
Strong knowledge of sales/revenue accounting and corresponding reconciliations
Experience in SAP is preferred
Proficiency with Microsoft applications especially Excel
Must be able to work independently and take initiative
Strong analytical, critical thinking skills
Desire to learn & hunger for more!