The Senior Brand Manager will contribute to Glenmorangie Brand Plans through the following responsibility areas:
- Develop and deliver brand equity building programs for global implementation across Moet Hennessy in-market teams
- Define and develop the brand strategy, including brand range and innovation, to deliver scale growth for the brand
Role model best team behaviours, demonstrating the Glenmorangie Company values in action
- Support the development and shaping of the brand strategy, including media strategy.
- Propose, recommend and implement innovative marketing programmes in accordance with the defined strategy to build brand desirability
- Ensure continuously that all components of the marketing mix are coherent with the brand positioning and refine where appropriate
- Ensure the application of fact-based analysis, including leading insight/research interventions as appropriate to the brand activity
- Lead annual budget planning process and the monthly monitoring, responding to the rigour of regular tracking and reporting.
- Be a dynamic and passionate ambassador of the Brand always seeking to strengthen Glenmorangie's reputation both internal and externally.
Innovation & Product Development:
- Support the development of the brand innovation and renovation strategy and pipeline
- Lead implementation of innovation and renovation developments, including leading cross function workgroups within the Glenmorangie Company, with Markets and design agencies
- Lead the evaluation of brand innovation/product developments.
Content & Creative Development:
- Lead the development of brand content, bringing to life the brand purpose to build consumer approval and brand distinctiveness.
- Lead insight-based evaluation of content pre, during, and post creative development to optimise impact.
Media & Connections Planning:
- Shape the global media guidelines for the brand, providing support to market teams on their country-level media planning
- Drive continuous improvement in media analysis and understanding for the benefit of the brand
Market & Competitor Lens
- Analyze thoroughly marketing plans from top 10 markets and propose relevant recommendations
- Build value-adding relationships with cross-market teams in order to drive brand performance
- Analyse and evaluate brand performance in-market, with specific regard to impact of marketing activities
- Bring an external and competitor landscape perspective to all activities and programme development
Education: Degree qualified ideally with a marketing background + business school
Professional experience & know how:
- At least 7 years' experience with a rounded marketing experience.
- FMCG and alcoholic drinks sector experience an advantage
- Experience of working in an international culture
Technical & management skills:
- Strong marketing skills: brand strategy, product development, advertising communications development and creative development
- Project leader (excellent project management skills with a proven ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously)
- Experience leading scale packaging design and/or innovation projects is essential
- Ability to lead cross functional team and influence senior levels
- Action oriented, drive for results, customer focus
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Strong product and category knowledge desirable, but not mandatory
- Ability to credibly represent the brand and product to internal and external audiences
Personal & interpersonal skills:
- Capacity to deal with ambiguity within a complex environment
- Strong interpersonal skills, "savvy" within a matrixed organisation
- Pro-active attitude, must 'take ownership' of projects with a mindset to see them through to the end result
- Have an understanding of luxury and a strong desire to operate within the luxury world
- Authentic interest and desire to work within spirits and single malt whisky
- Socially adaptable, positive attitude, delivers promises
- Ability to work collaboratively as part of a team
- Team spirited
- Gravitas and maturity, appropriate social skills to credibly represent the brand in both professional and social environments
- Capacity to motivate and excite people (generate enthusiasm)