The primary role of the Hennessy Senior Brand Manager is to maximize the performance of Hennessy VS and Black within the Hennessy brand franchise; guide and support optimal usage of intra-brand service functions (trade marketing, PR/communications, digital and experiential marketing); drive analytical assessment and budget management.
Strategic Business Planning
- In alignment with Sr. Brand Director to develop, create, plan and execute consumer driven brand plans that maximize brand equity, revenue and profit for Hennessy VS & Black in the US market.
- Develop and implement 360 programs to drive growth and build brand equity
- Define strategic brief for creative agencies - based on Regional feedbacks, market trends and brand identity to develop exciting consumer and trade marketing programs.
- Create exciting and compelling presentation and tools to ensure internal and external buy-in
- Lead brand commercial analytics, including monthly reporting and diagnostic assessment of brand performance and strategic opportunities, and create strategic plans as a result of the findings.
- Contribute to the development of the business in the US market by identifying barriers to brand growth and then developing marketing strategies to unlock both short and long term growth.
- Mine qualitative and quantitative data to identify opportunities for growth. Should have experience with marketing mix analysis, brand health trackers, Nielsen or IRI consumption reports, attitude and usage studies, Nielsen panel data, market trends, competition, and consumer behavior.
- Develop commercial expertise and a strong sense of market dynamics through training, market visits, customer interactions
- Actively manage brand activation including:
- Create the business case and selling in key stakeholders,
- develop briefs that succinctly identify the problem to be solved,
- develop KPI's,
- brief and lead agencies through concept development, and
- develop key learning and reporting.
- Scope of projects could include: Limited Edition Bottle Launches, Influencer Marketing Campaigns, Win the On Premise Strategies, Holiday Programming, Multicultural Programming
- Partner with the Sr. Brand Director in brand positioning, advertising campaigns and media plans
- On-going monitoring of category dynamics and competitive activity in market to inform strategy
- Lead strategy and implementation of brand programs including internal & external sell-in, ensuring execution is on strategy and program monitoring
Finance & Operations
- Ensure the brand achieves the annual P&L goals through tracking monthly shipment, depletions, consumption, LE1 and LE2 forecast.
- Manage and track Advertising & Promotional (A&P) budget, ensure spend is prioritized against brand priorities and relevant growth opportunities. Work with other brand leads and consumer engagement team to ensure monthly budget stays on track.
- Liaise with Operations, Finance & Pricing teams to monitor supply chain management, pricing execution and & profitability
- Partner with and influence Maison, Regions, Sales, Purchasing, Finance and Legal to gain input and support for opportunities & priorities required to achieve plans.
- Train and mentor the Brand Manager, VIE, and Marketing Coordinator to ensure their successful execution and coordination of tactical programs.
- Become a respected player within MHUSA and work closely with Sales, Distributors and Retail partners to gain input and support to effectively execute commercial plans.
Education : Bachelor's Degree required
Languages : English, working knowledge of French a plus
Professional experience & know how : 7+ years brand marketing experience in consumer packaged goods or luxury environment; Experience working within the beverage alcohol & three -tier system is a plus; Strong leadership, analytical, interpersonal and communications skills; Must be able to work with all levels of the organization and must be able to adapt to various work styles; Strong business/financial acumen & budget management; Solid time management skills and ability to manage business partners on fixed timelines.
Moet Hennessy USA, Inc. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Moet Hennessy USA, Inc. considers candidates without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.