Fully responsible of Marginal Income follow-up (Actual & Forecast) for UK portfolio of brands, strongly partnering with the Sales and the Commercial planning team
- Ensure the accounts reflects the reality of the business
- Ensure any risks and opportunities are identified and raised to the appropriate level
- Run key analysis to support business decisions, in line with strategic priorities.
Finance partner of the Business Director Ireland (Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland), full P&L responsibility
Actual process management:
- Actively participates in each monthly closing process: review of Sales Investments (FTT), review logistic costs landing, etc.
- Analyses Variance Analyses for each brand and highlight main R&O vs. LY, Budget and last estimate (LE) on a monthly basis.
- Participates to produce the Management Report on a monthly basis with relevant analysis and added value comments on Volumes and Pricing
Responsible of volume follow-up (assisted by Business Controller Assistant):
- Produces Daily Sales and highlights any major changes and R&O our month forecast in collaboration with Customer Services and Sales teams.
- Prepares & participates Mid-Monthly forecast meeting (with Managing Director, Sales Directors and Finance) and provides added value comments to Moët Hennessy Europe on key variances vs LY
- Collaborate closely with the Commercial Planning team to evaluate full year risks and opportunities (by product, by channel, etc)
In charge of NSI follow-up (ASP and FTT)
- Lead regular reviews with Sales managers to ensure latest NSI forecast (considering customer mix, update on promo plans, etc) is in line with Budget. Highlight any R&O identified.
- Produces monthly analysis on ASP evolution vs LY, to understand impacts of customer mix, sku mix, etc. Identify if any corrective actions should be implemented.
- Regularly review the FTT investment and challenge the sales team (evolution vs prior years per customer, return on investment).
- Constantly challenge and improve our existing ways of working toward further simplicity and efficiency
- Reviews FTT level of accruals in Vistex / SAP on a monthly basis
Management of MHUK price list and customer conditions:
- Lead the yearly price increase process (price list): make a proposal, focus the discussions on key topics, raises challenges needing decisions from the management, reinforce adoption of the pricing model
- Owns and update the pricing database; set up of new products in collaboration with marketing and supply chain
- Load new pricing and customer specific price conditions in SAP (% discounts or £ discounts)
Responsible of logistic costs follow-up:
- Work closely with Supply Chain Department to review logistic costs evolution across the different 3PL's
- Recommends any additional adjustment when necessary
Manages forecast processes (Budget / LE's & R&O's) under the lead of Controlling Manager:
- Collaborate with Commercial planning team to prepare the business' last estimate of volume and NSI
- Analyses & Challenges evolutions vs. last forecast and last year (incl. Var. Analysis)
- Present MI impacts to the management team for validation with controlling team
- Actively involved in 5 years plan or new brand launch
- Helps to prepare meetings and Moët Hennessy Europe packs (brand packs and market pack).
Leads Ireland business follow-up:
- Close collaboration with the Business Director Ireland - business partner
- Provides analysis on actual or forecast including Variance Analysis, Overheads analysis, etc.
Participates in the short term monitoring of MHUK and Ireland profit. Identify ways to grow profitability, in line with business priorities.
Produces ad hoc analysis to support management decisions & helps to prepare any kind of meetings: Maisons business reviews, MH / MH Europe Business Reviews, Euro Exec presentations, etc.
Qualification, Experience & Skills Required
Education: CIMA or ACCA
Languages: English, French is a plus
Professional experience & know-how :
- Minimum of 4 years experience in FMCG as Business Analyst / Trade Planning / Controller role (or equivalent)
- Excellent Finance background
- First significant experience on Moët Hennessy Financial tools
Technical & management skills :
- Software & Computer skills: SAP / Cognos, Topaz (Hyperion), Business Planning Tool (SAP BPC or TM1), Excel,
- Finance literate
- Good communication/relationship skills
Personal & interpersonal skills :
- Accuracy, respect of deadlines
- Hard-working and hands-on
- Trust and integrity
- Attention to details
- Influencing skills
"Career architect's" skills :
- Customer focus
- Integrity and trust
- Drive for results / Perseverance
- Capacity to simplify complex messages