PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
To form part of the leadership team of Kendo Brands UK, setting the vision and Sales strategy for the brands in the UK and Ireland in collaboration with the General Manager
Define and deliver retail sales and net results for the UK and Ireland in line with global strategy
Build and maintain effective relationships with key retailers
Manage and develop the National Accounts, Reporting and Retail Field Sales team
Sales and Retail Management:
- Recommend overall Sales Strategy with the relevant trade-marketing programmes with all retail partners and corresponding budget investment, trading terms and conditions to ensure sales growth and profitability per brand.
- On approval from General Manager, interpret and delegate business objectives into individual quantitative and qualitative targets to implement all plans.
- Forecast sell-in targets for basic, promotions and new products by retailer and translate these into action plans to ensure targets are met.
- Analyse sales and financial results and make recommendations to address any relevant risk or opportunity.
- Full budget responsibility for the sales department.
- Manage the field sales team to drive retail growth whilst protecting and increasing profitability of every account.
- Negotiate trading terms for all retailers.
- Analyse and control strategies related to levels of consultant and store productivity/profitability.
- Work with the finance department to ensure accounts of all company targets are met including DSO, level of discounts and returns and level of stock per account.
- Manage the relationship with the Supply Chain team to ensure efficiency.
Management of Sales Force
- Manage the Field Sales team to achieve retail business objectives.
- Manage the National Accounts team of "first in class" negotiators with a strong retailer driver mentality.
- Inspire the team to deliver excellence in retail and wholesale.
- Continually review structure and processes to reflect the brand ambition and recommend any necessary changes.
- Act as a Brand Ambassador for Kendo Brands Ltd with all retailers and external contacts
- Organise and deploy key communication processes internally with the team, key stakeholders and externally with retailers to ensure awareness and efficient implementation of programmes and projects.
Key Competencies/Technical Skills
- Commercial Strategy and Negotiation
- Management and development of a team of people
- P&L Management
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to communicate and articulate vision at all levels
- Creative and innovative
- Creative and innovative
- National Account Management experience in a fast-paced retail environment
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in a senior management role
- Multi retailer, multi-brand experience
- Experience of UK retail market place
- Experience within the luxury, premium cosmetics business
- Personal affinity with brand and products
- International experience an asset but not essential
- Presence and a charismatic style of leadership
Key Leadership / Managerial skills
- Customer and relationship-focused
- Managing Vision and purpose
- Team player
- Ability to be both proactive and reactive