Luxury shoe designer Nicholas Kirkwood is renowned for his sculpted, architectural shoe designs and catwalk collaborations. His shoes are carried at about 150 stores across the world, including his own flagship in London. As one of the most exciting and visionary brands in the UK, we are committed to building a dynamic environment full of progressive thinking and engaged team members who look for innovative solutions in their work and have a deep understanding of the brand values.
- In collaboration with the Creative Director, design the women's shoe collections following product from initial concept creation, through to development and prototype stage and fittings
- Translate brand codes and creative vision through the creation of 4 collections a year - new fashion styles and re-animation/declinations of key product pillars and signature styles
- Research of new materials, styles and technical innovations such as heel forms, accessories and new shoe functions; Including seasonal attendance of the leather fairs.
- Participate in the creation of the general and seasonal inspiration boards/colour cards with the Creative Director working by hand sketch, (illustrator and photoshop optional).
- Manage a small team of designers facilitating communication amongst the creative team and external partners
- Launch new designs to PD
- Work cross-functionally with the Head of PD, Head of Merchandising and Production partner, Rossimoda (owned by LVMH): Development of the lasts, forms, uppers and prototypes in cooperation with PD in Italy), coordination of timelines and development challenges
- Work with Creative Director and Head of Art on special projects, collaborations, new category exploration in line with the Strategic and Creative growth plan
- Work with Merchandising, Art and CRM team to understand client universe and adapt, create new styles that could develop into new pillars and /or progress our key signature families in line with customer needs
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES REQUIRED
- Between 5-7 years' experience working on shoe design for a luxury brand.
- Strong research, concept and creative skills. Good Eye for material & techniques
- Experience of design critical path (concept through to production) and experience working directly with factories
- Technical knowledge of shoe construction and components.
- Passionate about shoe design, fashion, art, architecture and full understanding of competitive landscape and other influencers/
- Strong time and people management and organizational skills.
- Computer Literate: Photoshop + Illustrator (optional).
- Dynamic, proactive, with an entrepreneurial attitude
- Able to work independently yet a good team player.
- Good interpersonal and listening skills - partners well with other departments such as PD, Art, Merchandising
- Strong organisational skills
PERKS AND BENEFITS
- 33 days holiday inclusive of bank holidays
- Shoe Allowance + 5 pairs shoes @ Wholesale price
- Private medical insurance (plus benefits including discount off gym membership, British Airways, Eurostar etc.)
- Pension scheme with 5% employer contribution rate
- Bi-weekly yoga & pilates classes
- Season Ticket Loan
- Wine Friday (last Friday of every month)
- Colleague of the Quarter Awards
- Bi-Monthly Sport
- Bi-Monthly Cultural/Art trips
- Summer Fridays (leave at 4:30pm during summer)
- Ping Pong Table